The Spectacular Exhibition (S3G2) [Round 2: Space - Abridged]

The Spectacular Exhibition (S3G2) [Round 2: Space - Abridged]
Re: The Spectacular Exhibition (S3G2) [Signups!]
Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

The Counsellor flipped through the "patient" charts. She had everything she needed in order to start this off well, and a quick scrawl through a list of worlds in various universes gave her a good setting for the first round. There was an appointment of hers showing up soon, but it could be put off. Telling her assistant to hold her calls (because there's something fun about using cliched lines like that), she departed the universe to visit her gathered contestants.

The room was lavishly decorated, and the contestants had plenty of time to see each other. It had only been a few minutes since they were mysteriously brought to this doorless, windowless waiting room. Completely motionless, they were unable to do anything but look at the others, all arranged in a circle. Suddenly the silence was broken by the appearance of a lady in the middle of the contestant circle. The Counsellor had arrived to introduce her guests.

"Welcome everybody, I'm glad to know you all made it here successfully. You might be wondering what exactly this is. This is the Spectacular Exhibition! You are all to take place in a battle to the death! There will be up to seven rounds in different locations, where each of you will fight, forge friendships and rivalries, up until all but one of you has been killed. This isn't just a fight to the death, though, because whether you realize it or not, you've all got something wrong with you. I hope that through this ordeal you can overcome your mental issues. As an added incentive, the last one standing gets freedom, and an extra little prize from me. You can all me the Counsellor, and I suppose you should know who you'll be up against."

The Counsellor climbed up the thorny tree in the building rather casually, managing to not even rip her suit. From the higher vantage point, she pointed at a man wearing a suit. "This is Norman Pollet. He's got a silver tongue and a staff that possibly grants him divine powers. On the downside, he sees dead people."

After that description, she continued on to gesture at the pale, dark haired girl. "This is Tria, or Apparatus 27. Her arm contains a nuclear reactor and is very powerful, but she suffers from Post-Traumatic Stress, pyrophobia, and has some overall personality issues."

Next in the limelight was a ghostly piece of hardware. "That would be Brooklyn Taylor. She died and took up residence in a rocket powered chainsaw, but with death she brought mood swings and paranoia."

Another unlikely contestant was to be introduced. "This guy here is Red, a 'failed' experiment with giving a lobster human intelligence. This crustacean has a rather unhealthy fixation with aesthetics."

Next to the lobster was a man draped in a wolf skin. "Nemaeus here has a... certain way with animals. I'll just say that the only way to kill the creature that pelt comes from is with its own claw, but there's much more to it. He has a schizoid personality disorder."

Yet another animalistic creature followed in the lineup. "The aardvark's name is Blazaard, and he was a contestant on another competition, although unrelated to our little spar here. He can store and emit light, and that's more useful than you would imagine. Unfortunately due to the crystals growing in his brain, his anthropophobia and claustrophobias have been progressing quickly."

Interestingly, the Counsellor gestured to four people at once. "These guys are all together. The fleshy one is Gepetto, and the wooden ones are Mo, Jo, and Otto. Otto here lacks self-confidence which leads to our favourite disorder, paranoia."

"And that would be everybo- no wait, there's one more!" The Counsellor jumped off of the tree and faced it. "This is also a contestant! Everybody meet Crepitans Bloodbark. Treefolk are usually nice, but this one is spiny, angry, and his disorders take up a few pages of the DSM-IV. He'll be a tough one to crack. Figuratively or literally."

The Counsellor clapped her hands and looked around at everybody. "Well then, you'll all have a better chance to get acquainted soon, some later than others. I think it's time we got this show on the road. Have fun!"

With a flash of light, the contestants found themselves in a new location. The stylish carpet and wallpaper was replaced with desert for some, and frozen tundra for others. Something felt strange about this place, but nobody could quite put their appendages on it. The Counsellor could be heard once more.
"Four of you in one location, seven of you in another, thanks to Gepetto's gang. Be wary of what you do, because what you do in one place may not be entirely free of consequence in the other. Also be careful of anything pointy. There may be odd repercussions as long as you're here."

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Spectacular Exhibition (S3G2) [Signups!] - by Robust Laser - 01-27-2011, 04:37 AM