The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 2 - Firestar)
Originally posted on MSPA by Drakenforge.

I see...

Wolf padded silently through the undergrowth at the rim between forest and beach, trailing behind the group of bipeds. Since Sen was nowhere nearby, and Wolf's nose readily tuned to know that he was located just a few hundred lopes in the other direction, he had decided to listen in on the de facto group discussion.

Manipulating the truth. The furred one was devious. He employs tailless word tricks. Lies. Such a thing was like a crime to Wolf. Truly animals were higher than that, to resort to falsehoods to fool members of their own kind.

Or similer kind at the least. Of course, Wolf had found one thing about the discussion that he found out of place. Vexmagog uttered a new form of yip-yap talk to the females, seemingly with practiced ease. And Wolf could understand him.

He had only heard one tailless language, and didn't think there was anything more. Yet the dark-skinned-taillesses spoke differently, and Wolf, not knowing why, could understand them. The devious Vex could also understand them though, and was playing them a fool with their own tounge.

To make them believe such lies... Well, I need a plan, that's for sure. He wants Sen dead, and that would leave me out of a... Whatever he is to me. Only the cub Steven knows my tounge speaks tailless. Hmm. I could warn the taillesses, but He could easily manipulate them again. What about the boy? Tell him he's being duped? No, the lies are too great for him to understand the severity of the situation.

Behind him, Wolf heard the tortured sceam of his pack leader. He could smell the resin the creature used as blood even from this distance.

A shame. Forgive me, pack leader. I will assist you if the chance arrives, but until I do this task, I cannot falter. Hunt well Wolf prayed to himself.

Wolf knew nothing of human stories. Certainly none involving bad wolves eating old people in their homes while their cubs brought them morsels of food. Still, he had the vague knowledge that the tribal huntresses had mentioned pack leaders of wisdom, and that they would know what to do. Without them... Who knew. Wolf would think of a plan when he was done. And that was that, as Wolf quickly sprinted through the bush, silently, quickly, towards the tailless camp.

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 2 - Firestar) - by GBCE - 03-16-2010, 07:33 PM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM