The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe)
Originally posted on MSPA by Not The Author.

Jacob scowled, pressing harder. The machine remained inanimate. Another scan of the machine's exterior revealed naught in the way of aid. Standing, grumbling, realizing he didn't actually know what he would do with a robot, he nabbed his sword from its resting place against the wall and glared at the stubborn hunk of metal. "Stupid piece of junk..." He turned, and was surprised to find Blitz already there. Or rather, more surprised that Blitz hadn't taken the opportunity to fry him, or something. He seemed somehow... preoccupied, most of the time, like his mind was elsewhere... Jacob shook the thought from his head.

"Um...hey. Do you...do you want any help with that?"Blitz raised his arms. "I helped out with that door, before... I might be able to help with this. I'm pretty much a walking, talking power generator." He gave a weak chuckle at his rather lame attempt at a joke. Jacob, however, remained unamused. "Nah, that'd probably fuse a circuit or two, which was kinda the point with the lock. Besides," he shrugged, "what good would it be on rather than off?" Blitz considered this. "It... might know where the escape pods are. Or how the stuff up there works." He gestured in the appropriate direction. "It also might not take kindly to five armed men and a wolf busting into the heart of this place. Look, just forget it. I'm sure we can scale this tower ourselves," INNNADVISABLE. "and we're sure to f-"

They both turned to face the machine, as Jacob was sure everyone else had. It was trying (and failing) to right itself, eyes glowing yellow.

C C CONTROLLLLLLLLLLLLL CENTER NOT
Somehow it managed to balance itself, albeit precariously, upon its single spherical 'foot'. It turned to face the center of the room.
NOT
The bot rolled sideways, nearly falling over in the process, then corrected itself and started towards the elevators.
NOT CENTER NOT
Whatever idea it was trying to get across was apparently too much for its aged processors to handle, and it slid to a halt in the middle of the room.
NOT NOT INADVISABLE
The bot's eyes flickered out. It fell over heavily, access panel finally coming free and clattering to the floor.

The room was quiet rather longer than a clock would say it had been.

Jacob crossed his arms, but his face betrayed his worry. "...See? Waste of time."

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe) - by Not The Author - 02-10-2010, 10:41 PM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM