The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe)
Originally posted on MSPA by redskap.

SpoilerShow

Blitz, watching the activity all around him, stood in silence. A wolf, or rather, the Wolf, had appeared in their midst, along with Steven. Blitz watched as Vexmagog spouted gibberish at them, initially, then corrected himself to speak with Wolf. <Such an interesting character, that satyr...>

He was snapped out of his daydreaming by a movement out of the corner of his eye. Jacob was kneeling on the ground, over by that...robot? It was something like that. A strange construction, to be sure. Blitz looked around nervously, then slowly walked toward Jacob.

...What do you think you're doing, boy? Blitz flinched and stopped at the sound of Father's voice. You aren't going to help this ass, are you? He's the one who's most suspicious of us! Getting closer to him isn't going to help anything! Blitz trembled. He could feel Father in his mind; coiled like a spring and ready to take control again.

<No, Father, it will help.> Father said nothing; a good sign. He meant to listen, at least for a short while. <If I continue assisting him, he'll start to trust us. He'll stop being so suspicious. He'll know we're safe to be around.> Father remained silent. <If he's our companion, he won't have any reason to be wary of us when...when the time comes.> This last thought was nervous and sad; Blitz didn't want to see anyone die. He really just wanted to get closer to Jacob because...well, he didn't like when people thought bad of him. A brilliant idea popped into his head; it would surely convince father.

<What's that you like to say sometimes...keep your friends close, and your enemies closer?> Father continued his quiet, then a cruel chuckle echoed through Blitz's mind. You're learning, boy. You're finally learning. Go, then. Help the man. And when the time is ripe, when the moment of his death has arrived, it will be my-...no. Another laugh, this one louder and horribly callous. It will be your hand on the knife in his back.

Blitz, realizing he had been standing in the middle of the floor for what was probably several seconds, started walking toward Jacob again. He stopped a few feet away and tried to hide the guilt and sadness on his face. "Um...hey. Do you...do you want any help with that?" He raised his arms. "I helped out with that door, before...I might be able to help with this. I'm pretty much a walking, talking power generator." He gave a weak chuckle at his rather lame attempt at a joke.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe) - by GBCE - 02-10-2010, 08:10 PM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM