The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe)
Originally posted on MSPA by Weldar.

"Hmm, uh, hi" Why did I even say that, it's a wolf it's not like it going to understand or say anything ba..
"Woof"
Whaa, did it just talk! Wait no it just said woof, stupid. Why would it speak it's a wolf, well not really but.. ah whatever. Anyway it doesn't see.... Wait. It said woof?!
"D-did you just actually say that?"

"Yup. Sorry, couldn't help myself."
So it can speak, but how? Well I guess it is not a wolf but.... yeah I have no idea what that even means. Guess there's only one way to find out
"The, er, the people at the beginning, they said you weren't a wolf, uh, so to speak. Do you know why?"

The wolf hesitated before answering. "Complicated." Steven wasn't expecting much more of an answer but then the beast continued. "My pack, they banished me. I don't know the details of what caused me to speak this language, but whatever did, it changed me. Inside, I think. I speak tailless, and that scared them."
"Wha?" Tailless? Still Steven couldn't help but feel a little sympathetic. I can kind of relate to that, but I can only imagine how much worse it would be to be forced out of your home by your friends rather than your enemies.
"Well, uh, You can call me Steven, then. What should I call you then?"

"Your kind calls my kind as wolf, yes? A simple name like that should do, I think. Yes. I am Wolf. And yet," he laughed, "I am not-wolf. A paradox, yes?"
Wolf strolled past the human and said, "We should keep up. The others of your kind might think you mad to be seen talking to an animal like myself. But, since I prefer silence, let's keep the knowledge of my knowledge of this language a secret. For now, at least"

It seems no one is willing to trust everyone with information about themselves and their abilities yet. Hell even I was being really vague about the gloves and wasn't really intending to originally.
"Yeah okay. I guess if i really have to tell you something I can make up some sort of excuse about the gloves. Talking to animals kinda fits in with a god power right?"
Wolf didn't reply he'd already padded off ahead to the door. Steven went off jogging after him and managed to catch up right as Wolf slipped under the doorway. Steven of course had to slow down a little and duck under.

Meanwhile on the other side of the universe bubble. The world tree forest was spreading fast. Many of the trees were fairly tall now but below the ground things were getting a little crowded. Their roots were growing quite deep but just now they had come up against some resistance, they had reached the wall of the bubble. The roots pressed hard but the wall held steady, or so it seemed. If someone happened to be passing close by out in space they might have noticed a small crack appear, just under the park.

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe) - by GBCE - 02-08-2010, 06:15 AM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM