The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe)
Originally posted on MSPA by Weldar.

After a brief lull the opposing forces resumed their march throughout the battlefield. Eventually they reached each other. The twisting wires clashed, coiling around trying simultaneously to slip past the enemy and hold them back, locked in a stalemate.

Steven walked a short distance behind the rest of the group in silence, lost in though once again. Vex's comment about the gates had caused him to realize something, people never seemed to known about them. As far as he knew the only other person who had ever been through one was Elephanzor. It wasn't that he'd never seen other people in the crossroads, they were large and the chances of coming across another wanderer like himself were slim to none. No it was the fact that in all these different worlds people never seemed to know about the gates, perhaps there were other like Elephanzor who knew of them and kept their secrets for themselves but they were never a widely known phenomenon. Steven looked further up the bridge at the others, he'd fallen a fair way behind, the three of them seemed to be talking about something but he couldn't quite make it out. Steven's thought turned to his "allies", none of them had really given much in the way of descriptions of themselves, or at least not as much as he had.They don't seem to trust each other enough yet, so should I trust them? Still some of the information they gave was useful. Jacob's knowledge of quantum magic seems to indicate a different world to mine, or at the very least a different time period. Blitz's story is a little strange but it's probably the one that has the best chance of fitting in at home... Steven walked in silence for a while longer then suddenly let out a small chuckle. This contest's got "mages" for fire, ice, lightning time and space and I think Vex is some sort of illusionist... maybe. That means I'm the only humanoid without and special magic. Steven glanced down at his gloves. Ah but of course I'm the conjurer, kind of. Steven looked back ahead again, the other contestants had almost reached the pylon, he was about the speed up to catch up to them when a jerk from the right glove caused to subconsciously look behind him. Further down the bridge was Wolf padding along behind him. Steven's hand jumped to the sword he'd created but stopped halfway there. That thing isn't a normal wolf, after all it probably wouldn't be here if it was, and that guy at the start of the battle did specifically say it wasn't a wolf, or something like that.How did it get here, hadn't it been down in the park with Sen before? Still it had apparently been friendly to Sen before, that's good, perhaps it would be friendly here to. Still I'm pretty different to Sen. Wolf had noticed Steven by now but there was still a large gap between them. Plenty of time to react if this doesn't go well, hopefully.
"Hmm uh, hi" stuttered Steven anxiously to the beast.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe) - by GBCE - 02-06-2010, 05:52 AM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM