The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe)
Originally posted on MSPA by redskap.

Blitz trailed behind, watching Jacob speak with the ice mage...John, that was it. He looked like some sort of snowman. A gentle smile graced his lips. <He seems so innocent...> The smile faded as he felt Father's presence. Yes. He will be easy to trick. It's the others you need to worry about, boy. The suit and the goat are already suspicious of you. I've seen it in their eyes. I've heard it in their words. Get closer to them. Make them your allies. Otherwise...

An image of blood, blindingly bright, splashing against a pure white wall. Blitz grimaced, and inwardly submitted. <Even though they don't deserve to die...I don't want to die either. I have to do what Father asks.>

Blitz steeled himself and quick-stepped up to where Jacob and John were talking and walking. Jacob didn't acknowledge his presence, but Blitz felt that the man knew he was there. John, however, looked right around at Blitz. There was something around his mouth; he must have been eating something colorful earlier.

"Hey, it's you, the...um...the guy." John looked away for a moment, trying to remember the guy's name. "Blitz, right? You're the sleeping-but-not-really-sleeping guy, I remember that part." He looked closely at his face as they kept walking (or waddling, as John's case happened to be), noticing the bags under Blitz's eyes. "You look like you need some actual sleep, though. Why are you so tired?"

Blitz looked at John, wondering how he should answer. He noted that Jacob's gaze had fallen on him. Apparently, he too was interested in the cause of Blitz's insomnia. Father's presence was at the back of his mind; he couldn't mess this up. "N...Nightmares. I have bad nightmares. Sometimes they're so bad I can't go back to sleep." God, the excuse sounded lame even to him. He saw Jacob give a subtle scoff. Apparently he wasn't convinced. John seemed understanding enough, though.

"Oh, nightmares can be bad. I've had some of those before." Blitz watched him waddle, waiting for him to elaborate, but he said nothing more. <I guess that's about as much as I told him. I should have expected that.>

Jacob stopped abruptly and broke the awkward silence.
"We're here." And he was right; they had finally made it to the door. There were other doors, he knew (Vex had taken one of those alternate paths), but he couldn't see them from his current position. He supposed it didn't matter, as long as this door was unlocked.

"So...I guess we should go in?"

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe) - by GBCE - 02-06-2010, 12:18 AM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM