The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe)
Originally posted on MSPA by Not The Author.

"What, afraid of trees now? Although..." Jacob stared up into his now-empty cup. "...It's probably a good idea to get a move on. So!" The cup flew haphazardly over his shoulder. "I believe a demonstration is in order."

"Quantum Magic." Jacob thrust his blade forcibly into the ground. The intensity of his jab wasn't just for effect, of course; asphalt is notoriously difficult to penetrate. But it was mostly for effect. "'Quantum' is the modern term for it, and probably something of a misnomer." He cracked his knuckles. This, as with the sword, was an entirely superfluous gesture - one of many Jacob was likely to make over the next several sentences. "Regardless, it's the magic of messing with time and space." Shoulders: rolled. "And no, before you ask, I can't stop time outright." Neck: rotated. "But I can slow it down, speed it up, and so forth." Back: arched.

"As to the matter of space..." Jacob retrieved his sword, and began walking in the direction of the pylon. "I can alter gravity, change inertia..." Stopping, he raised his weapon, blade glowing red-violet with latent magical force. "And, perhaps most importantly..." He brought his sword up over his shoulder, edge resting lightly upon his shoulder. "...I can do this."

The sword came down in an arc, sending up a shower of sparks where it grazed the road. Jacob was staring off into space, but the space into which he stared was no longer the same. Before him was what once might have been a beach - there was a pair of deck chairs, a colorful umbrella, and a table with an empty glass bottle sitting atop it. Sand stretched out before them, and there was the typical oceanic detritus associated with tidelines some ways away. It might have been idyllic, if not for the distinct lack of sea.

Jacob straightened himself, brushed some nonexistant dust from his collar, and stepped through his tunnel. "Well, come on! I haven't got all day."

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe) - by Not The Author - 02-03-2010, 06:31 PM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM