The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe)
Originally posted on MSPA by redskap.

Blitz woke from the daze he was in. His response to Jacob before had been that of an automaton; if Vexmagog hadn't stepped in, Blitz (or Father) might have realized what Jacob had been asking, and things might have taken a turn for the worse.

Fortunately, that wasn't the case. Unfortunately, Vex was asking for their stories; their history. Father had been very set on not letting anyone know that they were sharing the same body. If he told the satyr and the others the truth, Father would be furious. He would kill Blitz, or worse, start killing others. He had to think of something to explain everything, and it had to sound halfway reasonable.

"You want...my story?" Blitz twitched nervously. "I...well, at least I can explain what that man said about me. My father...he's dead. He's with me all the time, in my h...my heart." <Almost said my head! Stupid, stupid!> "About me being asleep...I don't know what he meant by that. Sometimes...sometimes I have nightmares. Bad ones...there's screaming, and blood, and the smell of burning...He could have been talking about that." <Okay, getting a little too close to Father, here...> "And my eye? It just does that sometimes. It's been like that ever since I was struck by lightning." He raised his bandaged hand and shot a few sparks into the air. "That accident also caused this. I don't know how or why, but when it ruined my body, it left me a gift."

Okay. Good. Not the best explanation, and not the most truthful one, but hopefully they'll buy it. Blitz looked up at the rapidly growing greenery up on the ceiling(?) of the sphere they were in. That creature from before... Father mused. It seems as though it will be more difficult for us than the others. Plants generally handle electricity better than most. Blitz twitched violently, his father's mood affecting his body. But we can take care of that. No matter what it is or who it is, pump enough juice into it and it's not going to survive. Blitz could almost see the cruel smile on Father's lips. In fact, it was so clear that it began to surface on his own face. He covered his mouth and forced himself into a coughing fit.

"S-sorry...something got stuck." He cleared his throat and looked around nervously. "So...are we going?" He pointed up at Sen's forest. "You guys have already noticed, obviously, but that thing seems to be spreading pretty fast." <And I'd like to get a move on before anyone asks any more questions...>

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe) - by GBCE - 02-03-2010, 01:26 PM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM