The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe)
Originally posted on MSPA by Not The Author.

Jacob's hand twitched to Vex's tune, pseudo-conducting as though he had some semblance of control over the flow of the music. His gaze wandered about the scenery - if chunky concrete, steel, and glass towers could be called 'scenery' - as his thoughts wandered nowhere in particular.
SpoilerShow
"Someone's gonna want someone dead."
The thought worried him, as it brought him back to the paradox inherent in Blitz. He had no apparent weapons, and had come in severely injured. Despite the pasifistic turn this "battle" had taken, the original intent was clearly as a spectator sport - generate fights between combatants of considerable and varying skill for the amusement of others. <...So why the cripple?>

Jacob decided it'd be better to find out while they were theoretically on friendly terms. Shifting his pace, he came astride Blitz and, without looking at him, began to speak. "I don't get it."

The young man turned his head. "Get what?"
"You." Jacob glanced at him from the corner of his eye, watching for any sudden moves. "I mean... we're supposed to be killing each other right now, but, no offense, you don't really seem very dangerous. If things turn sour, what's to keep - say, Alex from slicing off your head?"
Internally, Jacob winced. He'd only barely managed to keep from saying 'me,' <And who knows how that conversation would've played out...>

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe) - by Not The Author - 02-01-2010, 04:58 PM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM