The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe)
Originally posted on MSPA by Baphomet.

Vexmagog followed along with Jacob's response, for the first bit of it. "A bit crowded for my tastes"... Do these creatures prefer solitude while they eat? I must remember not to attend a human party while hungry. He continued to listen and mentally translate the words. "Turn off the air," but everyone here needs air to live, I think. He means to kill everyone with this?

No, not everyone,
he mused. Just the contestant least proficient in holding his breath, assuming I have correctly ascertained the mechanics of this contest. An invitation to accompany him?

Vexmagog thought of how to best phrase his response. He saw that there were other contestants in his area now, and decided that he would be better off figuring out what their motivations were, including Sen, who he'd set off to find in the first place. As he opened his mouth to respond, the green beast made a loud whistling noise, interrupting him.

Curious, Vexmagog made the connection with the creature's brain. It repeated back the sound it had heard, but found scant meaning in it -- a warning, maybe? Jacob said something, but Vexmagog was too engrossed trying to figure out the Tender's language to bother translating.

It has a remarkably limited vocabulary. Unintelligent, then? That does throw a wrench in my "humans-versus-nonhumans" plan. Still, it was chosen for this contest for a reason, so it may still be worth forming some sort of bond with it.

He searched for some type of greeting, but the closest he found was a call for aid, and a responding call. This should prove to be interesting. My vocal cords can't make this sound, but that hardly matters.

"Hello," he said loudly to the green creature, recalling the english greeting. He did this mainly so the other contestants would not be surprised if the creature responded. He intercepted the signal from Sen's hearing organs and altered it to match the trill.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe) - by GBCE - 01-18-2010, 05:05 AM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM