The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe)
Originally posted on MSPA by Not The Author.

Jacob had to raise an eyebrow at 'unemployed,' but then again he didn't really know what kind of work someone like Vexmagog would actually do. Evidently something dangerous, or he wouldn't be here now. Hadn't those two from the start said something about it? ...And then there was that... arm of his. Jacob was curious about it in the way one might casually wonder what goes on in a meat-processing plant.

"I think we all find the idea of this contest ridiculous, but feel like going through with its premise because we fear that the other contestants do not. Do you agree?" At least he didn't beat about the bush. Jacob leaned against the park's wall. "To be perfectly honest," <Well, that's new.> "it's more of an... inconvenience, this whole 'battle' thing. Throw a bunch of people together in one place and have them beat each other up for entertainment? It's nothing new. The Romans did it, you know." He considered this for a moment. "...Or maybe you don't."

"In any case, it's less the, ah, 'contestants' that worry me so much the not-knowing-where-the-hell-I-am. See, I have important things I should be doing elsewhere, and entertaining some mysterious madman is not one of those things. But apparently, this competition will go on as long as there's more than one of us left." He shrugged, leaving out the logical conclusion to that train of thought. Pushing off the wall, Jacob cracked his spine and quickly surveyed the area.

Behind him, approaching rapidly from across the park, was the fairly sinister-looking burn victim. Closer to the shopping district, it looked as though a fight was about to break out between the two mages again. And he was fairly certain that green... thing was getting closer. <Or has it already passed?> Jacob frowned. An encounter with a hostile combatant would not be a good idea without any mana reserves. "It's starting to get a bit crowded for my tastes. I'mm'n'a go get some coffee, then head up there," he jabbed a thumb sunwards, "and see if I can't turn off the air or something." Twirling his sword, he started off towards the Starbucks.

Almost as an afterthought, Jacob glanced over his shoulder at Vex. "Coming?"

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe) - by Not The Author - 01-17-2010, 11:43 PM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM