The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe)
Originally posted on MSPA by redskap.

As Blitz walked toward the park, his son's earlier outburst having cooled his boiling blood, he pondered. Perhaps I'm not taking this seriously enough...If they picked me out from all the trash abundant in the world, then they must have picked people and things that are just as strong as me...if not more so. He stopped several yards away from the open area that contained the fountain and city hall. A glaze came over his one good eye. A challenge...for the first time, this could actually be a real challenge. He shook his head and chuckled. "One can only hope, no?"

He continued toward his intended destination, creeping along the edge of the building. He poked his head out to see if there was anyone already there, like the suit from before...There. Easy to see, despite all the razzmatazz of the shopping centers everywhere. And who was that thing with him? Human-like...but almost resembling a satyr. He laughed under his breath. No perpetual erection there, that was obvious...but that livid material encasing his arm...what could it be? He was too far away to really get a good look at it.

He went back behind the cover of the gaudy, attention-grabbing construction, processing what he had seen. The suit and the satyr weren't fighting; that was obvious. They looked like they might even be having a conversation of some sort. Did they not understand the reason they were brought here? Maybe, he thought, they're trying to trick one another; trying to get the other to let their guard down first. Clever, if that is indeed the case. However, if they're genuinely trying to make some sort of pact, one that they'll be forced to break at some point in the future...then my opponents must be idiots. One or the other? Geniuses or morons?

I'd best not underestimate them. And...well, why not? I suppose I'll play their little game, too. It might get me two birds with one stone. He grinned. It might also get me killed, but hey. No guts, no glory. He started out into the park, headed straight for the goat and the man. He gave no hail, no warning of his presence, but he made no effort to hide himself. He walked tall, trying to display as little threat as possible.

Well, as little as one could in their current situation.

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe) - by GBCE - 01-17-2010, 03:50 AM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM