The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe)
Originally posted on MSPA by Not The Author.

Jacob was thinking again. <Rich? Not necessarily. Powerful? Definitely. They're not a client per se, so there's no contractual obligation keeping me from killing them... if I find them. I probably won't, though. And besides, if they can pluck eight people from across time and space and send them somewhere entirely different - or command the services of those who can - then I'd probably have no chance at all in one-on-one combat. Which of course merits the question: would anyone here help me kill the Executive, rather than kill everyone else? ...Eh, probably not.>

Passing a closing Target (Everything must go! 85% off all items!), he found himself approaching the town square. <Small world after all, heh. At this rate I'll be at the pylon in no time. But first! Coffee.> A quick visual sweep of the area confirmed what he already knew - people in any public office, even in the future, always worked near some source of coffee. In this case it was a Starbucks, which, in addition to the archaic Target, raised several questions about the reality of the bubble-city. At least, it would have, had Jacob not been distracted by the furry man-beast vaulting the small park's barrier about half a block ahead.

Jacob immediately swung up his sword, taking a defensive stance. The Satyr <Vex... something? Eh, just Vex'll do for now.> merely waved.
"Hello!" The goatman's voice was friendly, and... somehow familiar. <Of course. Not everyone in a fight to the death will necessarily want to kill their opponents, particularly when they're not here by their own choice. ...Or it's a clever ruse.> Nevertheless, he lowered his sword slightly. "Hey."

"I like your music. Want to join my band?" "...What?" Jacob blinked, sword now swinging harmlessly at his side. "I... What? Hang on." Confused, yet thoroughy convinced that Vex was harmless, he closed the distance between them. Stopping in front of the tall creature, Jacob smiled and cocked his head. "Why don't we try this again?" He proffered his hand, and was instantly grateful his right was occupied by the sword. "Jacob Helix, professional troubleshooter."

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe) - by Not The Author - 01-16-2010, 11:33 PM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM