The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe)
Originally posted on MSPA by redskap.

SpoilerShow

Blitz had been following the suit for a short while, when he suddenly just...vanished. He was walking down the center of the street, and then he wasn't. Hmm. Intriguing. Either teleportation or invisibility. Wykerr quickly ducked into a dark alley, hiding in case the sudden disappearance was a forerunner to an attack. Either way, he's not going to be as easy as I thought. If he's got that, there's probably more I haven't seen yet. He gave a few short chuckles, not caring that it might give away his position should the suit be searching for him. Good. I've been getting bored of these easy targets. One electrical pulse and they're already done? I mean, you could at least try to defend yourself before your hair catches on fire and your eyes explode. He shook his head.

The suited man would have made his move by now, had he been searching for Blitz. He wasn't in the area. "Distracting myself. Not smart to do, seeing as there's six others I haven't seen yet." Maybe I should fix that. The distance between the buildings in the alley was great, but not large enough to prevent an electrically charged superhuman from wall-jumping from side to side. A few hard kicks brought him to the top of the short construction, slightly winded, but smiling all the same. It seemed to be some sort of small firm. From his new vantage point (which didn't offer a lot of new sights, given that they were inside a large sphere and most of the area was visible from the ground), he did happen to see some sort of snow creature, shuffling towards the city. What kind of battle is this? What kind of monsters have been brought here? He made a dismissive noise. No matter. They'll all die eventually. By my hand or otherwise.

A movement, barely seen from the corner of his eye, caught his attention. Some huge...green...plantlike...thing was leaping from rooftop to rooftop, appearing to head towards the larger park, the one the snow-thing was leaving. The suit had been headed to the park with the fountain before he disappeared. Wykerr grinned widely. And lo, he is brought like a lamb to the slaughter... Not an exact quote, but close enough. A little contextual editing never hurt anyone. Let's stick with the dapper dandy. His left arm twitched violently. "I need to see some blood!"

He started toward the edge of the roof, his blind eye growing darker red, when a small, timid voice spoke in the back of his head. <Please, Father, don't. Don't do this. You've done enough for today. Rest. Let me come back.> He stopped. Oh, the boy's finally woken, eh? He smiled. Sorry, son. This is a place made just for me. A place for death. If I let you take control, you'll get us both killed. So just watch. Learn what I am trying to teach you. The world is a never-ending cycle of suffering, and this..."competition" simply purifies that fact. So watch. Watch me help the cycle.

Slightly calmer, Wykerr jumped down from the roof, his roll absorbing most of the damage. He began walking toward the fountain and park, making sure his son stayed quiet, but still aware. The boy would need to see this. He would need to see the suffering his father could cause.

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe) - by GBCE - 01-15-2010, 11:23 PM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM