The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe)
Originally posted on MSPA by Baphomet.

Vexmagog continued to follow the shopping strip upwards, inspecting the foreign characters depicted on the walls, windows, and doors as he went. I wonder if this is the language the others speak, he mused. If it is, I'll bet this is their universe, and they could be taken to their homes. Maybe... his head raised to face the sun globe above him, maybe this place can be controlled. Steered. I'm sure they still have their portal technology. They could send me home, too.

The shopping strip gave way to a city street. It and three others formed a large square, encompassing a greener space dotted by trees. A fountain, still somehow functional, served as a constant source of white noise. It was circled by a walkway leading up to an ornate structure with a dome. I will have to bring one of the human contestants here to use their language. Of course, this space is open enough. It's likely some would be able to see me from here, where they may come and investigate. I can only hope one doesn't die before I get a chance to test my theory, who knows whether the next setting will afford an opportunity for escape?

Vexmagog was somewhat inconvenienced by the fact that he would have to learn these beings' language again. He had to use a sort of unconscious telepathy to speak in anything but his native tongue, using another being's mind as a conduit through which he found the right words in their language. It came, he thought, from the same power as the one he used to alter senses--acting as a sort of barrier between two parts of the target's consciousness through which he controlled the flow of information. While it meant he could communicate with practically anything that had a language, he still found it tiring.

He was snapped out of his thoughts by a sound, heard over the noise of the fountains. A high trill, like a bird, coming from somewhere in the mass of buildings on the opposite side of the city square. That doesn't sound like the language "S" used, nor the ones the humans I knew used. I doubt John Swift has vocal cords that could produce such a tone, either. That means either Sen or Wolf. He began to cross the soft-but-overgrown grass in the lawn of the central building to investigate.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe) - by GBCE - 01-15-2010, 06:05 PM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM