The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Still accepting new participants!)
Originally posted on MSPA by Baphomet.

Woah woah woah.

Woah.

What's with all these accusations of idea-stealing here? Firstly, Redskap, you've got an original character there. The one superficial similarity (some sort of super-powered evil arm) is a trope that appears in fiction all over the place - in fact, it has a page on TVtropes, but I'm not linking it because I want you to have a life. As Drakenforge demonstrated, some common themes are bound to appear between any character you or I create and some other work of fiction out there. Beyond the hand thing, they're nothing alike. Mine is an alien satyr with Cthulhu for an arm and mental/reality-warping powers, yours is a dude possessed by the ghost of his serial killer father with lightning powers and mobile bandages. I look forward to murdering working with Blitz, he sounds like a fun character.

Weldar, you've got hand powers too, but yours are sentient gloves that create and destroy matter and fly around to act as spies. Other than the, again, superficial similarities with the boss of SSB, he's nothing alike. Most importantly, you're going to be focusing on the person commanding the gloves, rather than the gloves themselves.

Everyone's cool. We're all cool.

In fact, let's have them all shake hands and be friends right now. No, no, don't mind the purple arm thing. It's harmless.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Still accepting new participants!) - by GBCE - 01-14-2010, 03:32 PM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM