Mini-Grand 5111 [Round 3: Menagerie]

Mini-Grand 5111 [Round 3: Menagerie]
Re: Mini-Grand 5111 [Round 1: Pan Asia Airways Flight 1727]
Originally posted on MSPA by Ixcalibur.

The rite being performed was not a complicated one and as such it was quickly complete. The best efforts of the security team had been for nought, they were unable to make any impression upon the Venephim. The rite had necessitated the construction of a device, a magical gewgaw which housed the power of the spell. It was composed of a series of springs, which had been quickly extracted from a now ruined leather recliner, and bottlecaps taken from a selection of bottled drinks in the suite's minifridge. It dangled like a dreamcatcher, and if one was to watch it closely they would see that it seemed to adhere to a gravity different from what could be felt upon the plane itself.

The spell itself was a simple one, only slightly more substantial than an illusion. Rannus had, upon arrival, quickly noted that the plane was beginning to slant, struggling to balance the weight of its hotel sized cabin on an uneven number of engines. Almost without conscious thought he had constructed this spell to stabilise the cabin, or at least give the impression of stability. Though the plane continued to slant, everyone within the vicinity of the device perceived it as though the plane was perfectly stable and level. It didn't mean the plane was actually stable, but Rannus figured it would be easier to deal with whatever problems might arise in a seemingly stable and calm environment. It would also likely help to calm passengers and prevent an unhelpful outbreak of panic.

With the device hanging from his fingers Rannus turned to face the gathered crowd of security officers and regarded them critically. Their attention had in the last few moments been hijacked by the dramatic arrival of the Bird Police. "Your vehicle has rather unfortunately become host to a battle to the death. I am one of the participants, though I believe my temperament to have been misjudged. I do not wish to cause harm to anyone. In fact I believe I can do something to delay the imminent crash of this vehicle long enough to give whatever mechanically inclined personnel you have on board time to fix the engine and rescue this vehicle from almost assured destruction."

There was a silent pause in which the gathered group of security personnel attempted to process the information they had just been given. "Those in the vehicle behind you are known to me as the 'Bird Police'. I have been told that they, and an individual who calls himself 'Batman', stand for justice and as such I would imagine are likely to help us in our efforts to repair this vehicle. The 'contestant' who you should be wary of is a... ghost (?) named Kay. I am informed she seeks vengeance, which makes me severely less confident in assuring her cooperation." The Archmage turned his attention to the police car, wherein the bird police had puffed up their chests in an attempt to out-macho one another. He strode through the crowd of confused security guards and tapped politely upon the window of the police car.

After a moment spent staring at one another in silence, Cordave reached over his partner and wound down the window. “’Sup?” He asked casually.

“We should investigate the locality of the engine.” Archmage Rannus said simply. “If you see any orbs along the way it would be advisable to slow down so I can collect them. I believe they will come in handy for a spell I intend to carry out.” And without any further discussion he opened the back door of the car and climbed inside.

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: Mini-Grand 5111 [Round 1: Pan Asia Airways Flight 1727] - by Ixcaliber - 10-16-2011, 10:00 PM