Mini-Grand 5111 [Round 3: Menagerie]

Originally posted on MSPA by Sanzh.

Loading Mini-Grand Framework... Done.

Generating Administration Personality... Done.

"I see my predecessors have neglected their duties. I will need to rectify this."

Generating Characters... Done.

Six beings suddenly found themselves nowhere, able to see one another but nothing else. A synthesized voice came out of the nothing surrounding them.

"Right, I suppose we should get started on this. You’ll be participating in an experiment of sorts. We-- after all, science is a collaborative enterprise, and without your help this experiment would be impossible-- will be examining how well individuals fare in a fight to the death. I’m afraid your agreement in this arrangement wasn’t necessary, but know that your deaths will be going towards the cause of progress."

"Our first specimen calls himself Batman-- he knows no other name, thanks to radiation affecting his mind. While he is not particularly well-equipped, his tenacity and dedication to the pursuit of justice compensates for that weakness. He’s worth keeping an eye on, no doubt."

"On the topic of justice, here we have two Bird Police officers. They were expecting they would be on a fairly normal beat, but this was not to be the case. They will not stand for obstruction of justice, and have a camera man along with them-- should they survive, they will have an interesting story to share."

"Kay has already died once, but that was not enough to stop her. She now only exists to pursue vengeance, and her transition to un-death has only helped her in this regard. Were I unfortunate enough to be in your collective situation, I would be cautious about provoking her, and would not bother to attempt escaping."

"Our final subject is Archmage Rannus. If you gave him enough time, he could bring the walls of reality crashing down. Unfortunately, time is not on his side right now. He has already adapted to one catastrophe, we will see how well he does with this one."

Generating Setting... Done.

The six generated characters suddenly found themselves moved, scattered in various locations on-board a passenger airplane, the cabin noticeably futuristic. Many of the seats are unoccupied, giving the contestants more room to fight in the otherwise-cramped interior.

"As of now, you are all flying thirty thousand feet above sea level, in one of Pan Asia Airways' newest additions to their fleet of aircraft. For those too poor to afford passage on an orbital shuttle, this is the preferred method of transit, capable of crossing the Pacific in four hours. A marvelous example of the progress humans can make, I would say."

Just as the characters are beginning to re-orient themselves, the air-frame begins to shake and rumble. A loud explosion is heard from outside.

"Unfortunately, this particular aircraft suffered a catastrophic engine failure during flight and crashed into the ocean. I would say you have an hour, perhaps two, before the aircraft crashes and you all cease to live. As soon as one of you expires, we can proceed further in this experiment. So, get to it then."

Show Content

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Mini-Grand 5111 [Round 3: Menagerie] - by chimericgenderbeast - 10-09-2011, 08:48 PM