The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]

The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 5: GrandCon]
Originally posted on MSPA by MalkyTop.

They scrubbed at the stains with soap. Miss Bartleby suggested that they use some of the wine to cover up the smell, but Algernon refused intensely and didn’t back down. So they dumped some shampoo instead and hoped that would work.

“Now what we should do is look for clues,” she said, almost wishing she was in her fem!Geoff costume instead.

“You mean the clues that we could have found if we hadn’t scrubbed everything away?” Algernon snapped, rubbing at his head.

Bartleby tried not to show any emotion, and especially not uncertainty. “We don’t need the crime scene, I got all the details in my head. And like I said, if it was discovered, then they would’ve shut down the convention.”

“Right. So what details did you notice?”

She paused. “There was a lot of blood.”

“Yes.”

The two of them stood there. Algernon massaged his head.

“I…actually…I think I’ve seen something, uh, like that. Before.”

Bartleby really doubted it, but she feigned interest. “Oh? Where?”

Did the worm on his head just move? It looked like it was…digging deeper. Man, how did he make that? “L-look, I don’t remember, it just popped into my head, okay? I feel like I’ve seen this before…and…there were bugs…”

Bartleby turned so that Algernon could receive the full force of her eye-roll. “My god, this is serious. Stop acting around, okay? We’re doing a real investigation here. Wait a sec,” she said, snapping her fingers. “I got it!” With a groan, Algernon leaned against the nearby wall and slowly slid down. She ignored him. “An Ouroborous cosplayer! This is exactly what the Ouroborous thingy from The Gradual Massacre probably does when it eats shit! You’re a genius, even if you’re stupidly eccentric. Now get up.”

When she tugged his hand, it felt clammy. She rubbed her hand on her pants before forcing him all the way up to his feet. “Righto, we need to ask around before Ouroborous guy strikes again.”

The headache was dulling, but Algernon didn’t feel any better. If he did, he would have told her how much sense she didn’t make.

“Hey, man, are you okay?”

“Ugh,” he said, hoping that she would infer that he very much would like a bed and a lie down and maybe some hospital staff.

“Okay, I’ll let you have my water bottle, but you really should’ve got your own. A dude can get majorly dehydrated at these conventions.”

“Ugh,” he said.

beware, he heard. it is near remember fire remember weakness remember the last time must show make connection

Algernon groaned. He had hoped that he would remain sane in an insane world. But no, he was hearing things. It didn’t help that Kchh’rl wouldn’t stop goddamn gnawing.

…Who the hell was Kchh’rl?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a disturbance in the air. There always was. Too many things moving around, too much artificial atmosphere. Never encountered this before, before the whole…event happened. It was a learning experience to be sure.

But there was a disturbance in the air, a steady vibration that nobody else noticed, even though it was impossible not to notice. It thrummed, a frequency above the regular, banal babble. It came from everywhere. That was possible, but unlikely judging from previous behavior.

There it was, stronger. Coming from…from…

Vents was the word, apparently.

The vents.

It’s in the vents.

it’s in the vents it’s in the vents it’s in the vents it’s in the vents

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 5: GrandCon] - by MalkyTop - 07-22-2012, 03:15 AM