The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]

The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 4: Misty Swamp]
Originally posted on MSPA by MalkyTop.

Eventually, Algernon did wake up, for once, in a way that didn’t bring up questions that he didn’t know the answer to. He knew exactly where he was and exactly what was going on and he found out exactly what he was going to do about it when he found himself bursting outside despite such an action going against any shred of common sense whatsoever. As he came up behind Cherry, he suddenly dropped his bag to shield his eyes and ears, wincing at both the light and sound. Yeah, he was probably better off inside.

“Ohhh god, what do we do, what do we do, what do we dooooooo,” he moaned once he was used to the chaos. He dug through his bag without really knowing why. Mostly, he supposed he was searching for ideas. But everything inside was just useless. “I knew it, you should’ve told them, at least warned them, we could’ve been more prepared—“

“You’re annoying me,” Holly said in a way that implied that if Algernon had been the most important nuisance at the moment, her fire would be directed towards him.

“Sorry,” he replied meekly.

“No, keep doing it!

Being asked to be intentionally aggravating was the worst thing Cherry could have done. Immediately, Algernon seized up (at least aggravating-wise) and said nothing for a long while before finally coming up with a “You’re, uh, you weren’t very…thoughtful…about this…?”

“What the hell was that!” Cherry shouted back. “Are you even trying?

“But that’s the problem! You can’t ask me to try being annoying!”

“Oh, goddammit, shut up!

“Sorry.”

“No, keep going!”

Now thoroughly confused, Algernon decided to just complain as loudly as he could and ignore whatever Cherry said.

“So the first thing you do after I tell you that giant monster bugs are coming is get cocktails? Really?!” Oh, sweet, he had a whip! Not very useful against insects, though.

You drank some too!

“Only ‘cause you practically forced them down my throat!” Empty juice boxes? He really needed to clean this out.

The hot air whipped around them as Cherry continued blasting fire everywhere like a cannon with several mouths. “I had to shut you up somehow! The whole time, you were like ‘wah, wah, what are you gonna do, aren’t you gonna do something about the thing that might come maybe wah.’ I thought getting you drunk would at least make you less obnoxious!”

“Well, if you don’t mind me pointing this out right now, they came! So like I said, we should have prepared!” Wait! Wait! He had a gun! These things were big enough targets, right?

“Oh, right, say ‘I told you so,’ that’ll solve all our problems. I am so happy that you finally got a chance to feel better about yourself RIGHT AS WE’RE DYING!”

Wait. But his gun was in his pants, which would be inside.

“ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME!?”

“Hang on, I need to go back in, keep it up, okay?”

Algernon crawled back through the door, ignoring Cherry’s curses all the way. While he was in here, it was probably best to put on his clothes too.

He clothed himself as quickly as possible and unpocketed his gun just in time for some of the large insects to chew through the walls and jump him. With a yelp, he quickly aimed and pulled the trigger, only to hear a sad little click. Luckily, he had enough reflex to duck down and roll away.

He had a gun and he didn’t load it? What kind of stupid idiot—okay, granted, having a loaded gun in your pocket isn’t a good idea, but still.

His quick duck ‘n’ roll didn’t give him much distance in the small room and the insects were already attempting to maul his face for a second time. Algernon tried pulling something, anything out of his bag and swatted the nearest one with it, smashing it against the floor. He quickly realized that what he was holding was a skeletal arm and promptly freaked out (why did he have that aaaaaaah) and then realized there were still more insects to take care of and promptly freaked out a decibel higher.

They crawled over the skeletal hand, somewhat like bees, and Algernon shook it around, smashing them against any solid surface that wasn’t attached to him. After a moment, he slowed. Why exactly did they pounce on the arm rather than his delicious face?

There were small, purplish splats from when he had smacked the bugs to pieces and, now that he dared to actually look at his improvised fly swatter, he noticed that it was somewhat coated as well. It was something like…their own blood or bug juices or whatever (bugs don’t have blood, right?).

They were attracted to their own guts.

That’s disgusting. But fortuitous.

With killer insects still clinging onto the arm, Algernon ran out, holding it aloft like an Olympic torch. “I know what to do! I know what to do!

Cherry turned around and only saw more Ouroborites. Algernon had to duck his head as the arm got charred but mysteriously kept intact.

“Oh, you’re back. I am so glad that you didn’t abandon me you bastard,” she spat before continuing to light more bugs on fire.

“No, wait, I know what to do!” Algernon couldn’t help but beam despite all the screaming and chaos around them. Cherry opened her mouth to say something sarcastic but was cut off by more of his excited babbling. “Okay, okay, first, we need a strong catapult, you know, or something that can really launch something really far away. And then, we need something pretty large that can be catapulted.”

Cherry stared at him, though she remembered to keep defending the two of them from insect attacks. Though it was getting harder to shoot fire with her mounting confusion.

“Oh! Also, we probably need a lot of these bugs. Crushed.”

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 4: Misty Swamp] - by MalkyTop - 08-05-2011, 04:15 PM