The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]

The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 2: The Museum]
Originally posted on MSPA by whoosh!.

Silence settled over the two of them as Acacia kept her muteness. She simply kept her eyes trained on the confident elf’s, who complied in the locking of gazes.

The mask didn’t move, but a finger twitched. An astute onlooker would have recognised it as her trigger finger, but the movement barely registered with Holly. A sigh slithered through the black cloth of the hood, and Acacia rolled her neck, apparently delighting in the ensuing cracking. Her fingers flexed less inconspicuously than before, then she proceeded to crack them too, knuckle by knuckle.

Only then did she deign to speak, softly and almost playfully.

“Of course. The poor little brat can’t see any other shade of light than the darkness she painted for herself. You must be feeling pretty blind - bitch!”

Acacia’s elbow slammed down from nowhere into Holly’s face, staggering her just as she was kicked to the ground. After the flurry of the next few seconds Acacia was holding her gun and the elf was on the floor. The weapon dangled from her fingers, but it slid round to focus its aim at the elf the second she made a move to get up. Her initially playful voice had shot into the realms of pure white hot fury.

“I’m not taking this bullshit. You think you know Aic? The fuck you do. Right now she’s screaming like a Plag. She hates being cooped up, especially when she’s getting that craving for the particular writhing of someone who’s just had their legs snapped. Y’know? She hasn’t properly hurt anyone for days now, and she’s get a bit twitchy.” Acacia readjusted her slippery grip on the pistol, her eyes glittering in the darkness beyond the eyeholes of the hood.

“Again, you like the idea of that. Your little monster, and together you’d be untouchable.” Acacia’s voice cracked a little, but she continued in her tones of mechanical hate. “But newsflash, slut! She doesn’t give a shit about your little feelings! She doesn’t even care about how much fun you’d have together!”

She lunged forward and grabbed the elf by the neck. The pistol did not waver in its focus on her face, but her voice dropped to a grating hiss.

“She’ll kill you the very second you stop being useful.”

Then Acacia punched her.

A hurt, shocked quiet rushed in to accompany the stillness of the scene. It almost seemed like embarrassment as Acacia blankly stared at her hand. Just staring at its trembling, at its guilt. Holly, meanwhile, simply laid a delicate touch to the raw red part of her face where the offending hand had struck.

And then she started to laugh. The scientist flinched away, staggering even, under the sheer derision of her reaction.

“You’re delightful, Acacia. You don’t even seek to contradict me in my accusations. Slick.”

The hand struck again, all the strength of a raging fury behind it.
And so the laughter burst forth again, this time rising to almost hysterical levels. The elf was curled over in her mirth, weakly beating the floor with a loose fist. From the woman in the executioner’s hood, there came only a small shriek of machinated frustration.

A hit after a hit after a hit, all the pent up feelings that this woman inspired attempting to break out and destroy that terrible, soulless, beautiful source –

And then a fully-fledged scream. But still, the perverse laughter rolled out above it all. Glowing orbs flashed through the air in perfect accordance, until Holly was standing over the crouched and panting form of Acacia. She attempted to lash out again, but the elf just pushed her back effortlessly.

“How delightfully stupid. You don’t even seem to have grasped that this isn’t even hurting me anymore. No, instead, I’m just passing it right back to you.”

Acacia raised her head from her slump of exhaustion to stare at Holly with a look of sheer, unbridled hatred. But she stayed silent. Holly lifted a hefty book and smiled back condescendingly. “And that is how it’s going to keep on rolling if Aic won’t grace me with her presence. Won’t you get her for me, darling?”

There was a small pause, and then a scratchy noise was heard by the elf. A little like someone was attempting to engrave words into the very air.

“I’m sorry?”

Despite the idiocy of the action, the sheer regret that only the truest science of hindsight would provide, Holly leaned in a little closer to her hostage.

“You forgot about it, didn’t you?” The botanist rasped with a voice like a rusted machine hoping for life still.

There was a small moment of confusion and consideration of these words. But it was only very small.

Because it was pointedly and soon interrupted by the full throttled scream of the boomer in the sensitive ears of the elf. And after that, it was all too quick for the manipulator. All too soon.

“You want her?” Acacia’s voice rang out from the shadows, but they pressed from all around even under the wan warehouse lights. Perhaps it was a trick of the boomer, or just some fluke of design, that made the direction of the voice so unplacable.

“If you want Aic, then come and get her.”

The crack of a gunshot leapt through the air.

The games had begun.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 2: The Museum] - by whoosh! - 08-12-2010, 09:29 PM