The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]

The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 2: The Museum]
Originally posted on MSPA by Ixcalibur.

Proceeding through the museum, Thane had done his best to ignore the assorted exhibits. He did not care about the portrayals of human suffering that they depicted, for he was not human. As much as he tried to convince his body of this, it could not help but feel sick to its stomach when it saw a particuarly gruesome scene. Finally he reached the Countess as she began to slice into the body of one of the machines. He approached the exhibit with caution, watching carefully, and silently, as she used her own sharpened finger to slice open the machine, her cuts almost surgical in their precision, and continued to watch as she started to pull the metal ribs of the machine out of its still struggling body. He was beginning to think that this was a bad idea. Ironically the procedure that The Countess was doing had simultaneously convinced him that she was the most capable and the least trustworthy of his fellow contestants. Eventually, The Countess noted his presence and waved a claw indicating that he approach.

Thane walked over, his attention focused on the machine which she had worked on. As he looked down he became aware that its lips were still moving, despite the hole in it's back. Its eyes were scrunched shut, fake tears streaming down its face. Thane could only guess that it was praying to die and be released from this torture. He made no comment; he had no sympathy for most humans, he had even less for automata that merely believed themselves human. Though his attention was turned to her handiwork, the Countess was focused on Thane. He had been the one contestant she had not encountered in the previous round, and consequently she was not sure what to make of him just yet. After a long and careful examination of The Countess' handiwork he turned to her, knowing that he had to ask the favour he had come here to request.
'I will skip the pleasantries.' He thought curtly. 'I want something.' His arm, still aching from the gunshot wound, plunged into his newly acquired bag and produced a clumsily amputated mechanical arm. 'Can you replace my arm with this?' he asked. Part of his mind dreaded the answer either way, he had no guarantee that The Countess would follow through on any promises that she might make, and could leave him helpless and bleeding, a meal for Ouroborous. On the other hand he could not continue much further into this competition without some form of medical attention. 'I will do something for you in return.' He thought. 'Just name it.'

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 2: The Museum] - by Ixcaliber - 07-17-2010, 02:57 PM