The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]

The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 2: The Museum]
Originally posted on MSPA by MrGuy.

"THEN TAKE A RIGHT AROUND CALIG-- OH MY, SHE'S ON THE MOVE. YOU'D BEST HURRY IF YOU WANT TO FIND HER."

Holly nodded, grinning, and headed off in the direction the Reaper had indicated at the beginning of their little conversation. Stopping at an exhibit depicting someone on the receiving end of a branding iron, she turned to him one more time. "This little meeting was great, Grimmy, but I think you should get back to work. Here's a parting gift, however." At this, she whipped out two books-- one she slammed to the floor, the Discourses of Epictetus; the other, Plots and Puppetry: The Comprehensive Index Of Conspiracies, she disintegrated immediately, flinging it at the skeleton. After this, she immediately transmuted the former, creating a tremendous mound of rock in between the two of them. She briefly listened through it, to make sure the "gift" had taken.

"POISON IN THE WATER SUPPLY... THEY WANT TO END DEATH, DO THEY? IMMORTAL COWS! THEY THINK<font size="2"> A FAKE
MOON COLONY WILL STAVE ME OFF, DO THEY?

Holly emitted a chuckle of contentment as she headed off through the maze of exhibits, until eventually she reached a particularly captivating exhibit. She peered in at the cages that had been set up throughout: warped and mutilated bodies cried out in anguish, one of them gnawing and scratching at its own flesh in a futile attempt to kill itself, and it seemed as if the scientist in charge of them was setting to work on creating another. Holly briefly winced at the suicidal specimen, who she assumed was meant to be one of the earliest examples; its flesh was putrid and rotting, the occasional robotic worm wriggling its way through a gaping hole, and its arms jutted out at angles that, while seeming quite painful, seemed considerably more awkward and unplanned. Holly cocked her head, her stomach turning slightly. She'd never seen something quite this impossibly sadistic, and as its inhuman requests for release continued to flood her ears, she felt compelled to turn away. Walking a few feet over, she found a much less grotesque specimen: still in a quite pleasing amount of pain, but not so much so that she was having trouble bearing it herself. Troubling thoughts wormed their way through her mind, and she briefly frowned; quickly, however, she recomposed herself and sent the emotions flowing out of her fingertips, coalescing atop the unfinished specimen and cracking its arm under the weight of a putrid new mound of infected flesh.

The scientist briefly started and turned around, noticing Holly, who stood there paralyzed, rapt with fear and interest. In one fluid motion, he whipped out a tranquilizer gun, which only barely missed her; she quickly bolted away as fast as she could. Oh shit oh shit oh shit, why did I do that, I should have put it on one of the cell ones, oh god, oh shit. The scientist and his Generic Hunchbacked Minion, who Holly might have laughed at had he not been carrying a rather large device emitting sparks at a highly irregular frequency, gave chase, and Holly shuffled her pack upwards in the hopes of protecting her neck, occasionally attempting to hit them with her whip but managing to do very little in the way. A few turns afterwards and she was running out of steam, but they weren't; on the other hand, she had very nearly reached Aic, and if she could just lose these two-- yes, this exhibit just around the corner would be perfect, she just had to be convincing. Holly dived inside a mass grave dug by some reprehensible tyrant, bodies burned, sliced or simply shot pouring in at an absurd pace. Transmitting her fear around her, she managed to create a pile of dirt much like that in the exhibit; listening desperately, she was able to hear a mumbled conversation between her pursuers, followed by an exasperated sigh and their departure. Holly exhaled heavily, slowly rising from her self-made grave to determine if they had, in fact, left for good.

Sure enough, the scientist and his lackey had left; and although Holly was now surrounded by guards, they were luckily armed with no more than spears, and she quickly dispatched one, exited through the gap he created, and slashed at the rest until they all laid dead, or as close as a robot can get. The elf shook her head. "Sorry about that, boys, but I'm sure you'll be repaired fairly quickly." At this she walked off, silently thanking the Controller for having such historically accurate exhibits.</font>

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 2: The Museum] - by MaxieSatan - 07-17-2010, 01:48 PM