The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]

The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School]
Originally posted on MSPA by Ixcalibur.

Thane was weary of this line of discussion already. It was clear that The Controller was being smart with whatever this machine was for. His psychic abilities meant that he could do little to force a confession from the machine. In fact as he ran through his memories of the introductions between the contestants he could think of only one competitor who might be able to help him extract the information he needed.
'I need to go and get someone. You two make sure that this machine does not attempt to flee.' Thane thought to the pair and then leapt from the boat into the dark waters that were rapidly filling this enclosed space. He swam back into the classroom, but as he tried the door he found that it would not budge. It didn't feel locked so much as though something heavy had been placed on the other side in a deliberate act of sabotage. He attempted to shove the door open with his shoulder, an act which damaged him more than the surprisingly sturdy door. He was not getting through this way. Thane surfaced for a moment, took a deep breath and then swam back into the caves. He wasted no time and began communicating before he had even left the classroom. 'The way is blocked.' He thought grimly. 'Machine, I need you to tell me your purpose right now.'
"I AM A TEACHING ROBOT." The Immortusbot bellowed. "ALL THE CHILDREN AT THIS SCHOOL ARE ALSO ROBOTS."
As Thane swam back towards the boat he saw Pluck and Algernon leap into the water, undoubtedly rushing to try and escape from this cavern. Perhaps they would make it. Thane certainly hoped that Algernon's talent would not die so easily. He didn't even bother with the boat this time. Thane pushed it away and floated in the water in front of the Immortusbot. From here he could see it's intricate circuitry. The whirring cameras that made up it's eyes, and the speakers that made up it's mouth.
'Machine, do you have any self preservation built into you?' He asked it.
"AS A TEACHER I REQUIRE LOTS OF SELF PRESERVATION." The Immortusbot replied, it's now obviously mechanical voice shaking the room.
'If you do not tell me your function immediately I will drag you under the water and electrocute the both of us.' Thane thought, his resolve made of steel.
"AS A HUMAN YOUR SELF PRESERVATION INSTINCT WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO DO THIS." The Immortusbot said dismissively.
'Do you know of the Old Ones, machine?' Thane thought.
"AS A HISTORY TEACHER I KNOW A LOT ABOUT THE OLD ONES. THE ANCIENT EGYPTIANS, THE ROMANS, THE GREEKS. THEY ARE ALL VERY OLD."
'You misunderstand me.' Thane thought. 'The Old Ones are beings from outside of the universe. Older than civilisations, older than planets, older than entire universes.' He paused. 'I was an old one once, but look at me now. I am nothing. I am a tiny little human being with just a hint of the Old Ones about him. I am insignificant. I do not count. As an Old One I would lay waste to entire civilisations, dominate entire planets. Now I cannot even kill a bug monster. I cannot stand being seperated from my true essence. I want this competition to be over as quickly as possible and fuck me if I haven't just found a way to do just that.' He paused, his eyes gleaming with a hopelessness and an awful malevolence. 'So machine, what will it be?'
"I AM A CONSTRUCTION OF THE CONTROLLER." The Immortusbot said. "I AM PROGRAMMED TO GUARD A POWERFUL ITEM TO ENSURE IT DOES NOT FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE COMPETITORS OF THE GRADUAL MASSACRE."
'Give it to me.' Thane thought.
"BUT I AM TO GUARD-" The Immortusbot stopped, suddenly interrupted by Thane gripping hold of it's shell. "OKAY OKAY." The Immortusbot's shell slid open. Thane climbed atop it, reaching in and pulling out an old and dusty scroll. He could feel the power emanating from it. This scroll meant self-sufficency. With this much power he would not need to rely on Algernon, or any of the other contestants. He could pick them off one by one, in whatever order he chose. This scroll meant that he had his way home. He knelt down on the enormous machine's back, broke the waxen seal and unrolled it.

For a moment he had no words. He stared blankly at the baffling scroll.
'What is this?' he thought furiously. 'What is this worthless scrap of paper?'
"IT IS THE MAP OF ROME." The Immortusbot announced.

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School] - by Ixcaliber - 07-10-2010, 06:07 PM