The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]

The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School]
Originally posted on MSPA by MalkyTop.

Algernon and Pluck stared at the exposed wiring, both very confused. But while Pluck's curiosity was piqued, Algernon, who had just witnessed a horrible torture, been made a slave, was subjected to that Ouroborous screech thing at least three times, had close encounters with monster bugs and unsettling robot women and a giant tortoise, almost drowned, and then found out that the giant tortoise was actually a robot, just wanted to ignore the whole thing and hope it would resolve itself. After gazing at the tortoise with a very bewildered expression, he shook himself out of the trance, stared down at his pistol and poured water out of its barrel.

"It's a robot?" Pluck said. Thane briefly pondered why people really felt the need to state the obvious all the time. "That's stupid. That's soap-opera stupid." The werewolf chuckled nervously, trying to ease his fear out of the way.

'And yet here we are.'

Algernon felt this was exactly the right time to shrug off his vest and start wringing it out. He didn't intend on staying uncomfortably wet for much longer.

"How can a robot imagine?"

"I AM A VERY ADVANCED ROBOT," Immortusbot bellowed helpfully. "MADE FOR DISPENSING HISTORY INTO THE MALLEABLE MINDS OF TEENAGE STUDENTS--"

'Stop it. Don't lie to me. You were made by The Controller. I want to know why.'

"WHO IS THE CONTROLLER?"

After mulling it over, Algernon ultimately decided that now was not the time to take off his shirt and settled for just wringing the bottom out.

"Hey, maybe it's telling the truth," Pluck cut in. "I mean, there's another robot teacher on the second floor..."

"YES, WE HERE AT FOCAL HIGH SUPPORT ROBOTS."

'Was it in the shape of a giant tortoise?'

"...No," Pluck grudgingly conceded. "And it was pretty crappy-looking too."

With nothing else to wring water from, Algernon settled for just staring down at the water's surface. The basement was really filling up now...it was maybe...waist deep now? Maybe even deeper. He stared nervously at the ceiling. It seemed uncomfortably close now.

'There is no reason for anybody to go to the trouble of building a giant tortoise robot besides deceit. I don't believe any of the contestants really have the power to create a giant tortoise robot. So that leaves The Controller.'

"YOUR LOGIC IS FLAWED."

'How so?'

"Couldn't it just be related to the people of this universe? It doesn't have to be related to the battle or anything."

"YEAH, THAT."

Staring at the water level some more, Algernon's eyes were eventually drawn to the open gash in Immortusbot's disguise. With exposed wires. "Uh. Do either of you guys think a giant tortoise robot is waterproof?"

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School] - by MalkyTop - 07-10-2010, 10:33 AM