The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]

The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School]
Originally posted on MSPA by whoosh!.

Aic blinked and wiped her eyes, a little oblivious to Holly's panic. She stared, dazed, at her frantic efforts to clear the barricade away until a little of the direness of the situation pervaded her tired mind. She muttered some expletive as she took a few steps towards the desk, slowed down by the resistance of the murky water.

"Hey, Holly, I just wanted to say…" she mumbled and tripped over the words, then ground to halt. "Say…"

Unable to finish, the botanist passed out. The resulting splash as she crumpled like paper to the floor was more than enough to solicit total panic.

"Aic!"

Holly dived for the watery body, only to have her scrabblings ended abruptly a moment later when the body's hand lashed upwards and gripped both of her wrists in the one hand. It lifted it's face from the floodwater, and it was quite obvious even with the water running over her face that Acacia was in residence.

"Hello, Holly. We need to talk."

She glanced over the elf with only the smallest twitch of dissent among her facial features. "And don't attempt to try and get Aic back. She's out cold, no thanks to you," she replied coolly to the elf's enraged expression.

With a small grunt she used to her free hand to get up, flick the water off of her fortunately waterproof clothing and to gesture a little along to her speech.

"Let's get this clear before we go any further. I'm not going to hurt you, just as long as you don't try to mess me up with any of your little tricks. Right now I just want to get out of here alive." She paused to remove a sodden piece of paper from her coat. "And don't try to take the goddamn rain away again. It's a waste of your talents," she added, then looked Holly straight in the eyes. Acacia's face was customarily blank, but a thunder storm was going on behind those steel grey eyes.

"You might be wondering what's with the change in policy since we met last," she said flatly.

She broke her gaze away and turned her head and eyes to the rain still pounding against the window.

"I'm dead, Ms Tallbirch. I've been dead ever since I was entered into this contest. Whatever comes next is just a bonus."

She released her grip on Holly's arms, and shrugged.

"So do what you want. Fall in love with Aic. Kill us. Go on a rampage. Whatever. It's just a corpse talking, after all."

Having said all she needed to, Acacia shunted the desk out of the way and splashed her way out into the corridor.

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School] - by whoosh! - 07-10-2010, 10:24 AM