The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]

The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School]
Originally posted on MSPA by Ixcalibur.

Thane was sat on the cracked tiles of the first floor hallway, where the rush of water had spat him out. The lockers and even the walls that surrounded him were cracked and dripping with water, anything inside was likely to have been damaged beyond recognition. Thane was angry. It was not very often that Thane felt an emotion. To him emotions were weakness, a vulnerable spot through which an enemy can attack. It did not matter if it was compassion, fear, or as it was in this case, anger. All of these things made you weak, made you manipulatible to a clever foe. Thane believed that cold logical thinking would always triumph. He pushed the anger away, discounting that she had ruined his opportunity to ambush Ouroborous. If he saw her he would not hesitate to snap her spine like a twig, and probably enjoy it too, but otherwise he would remain focused.

Logically Ouroborous was the priority target; large dangerous and difficult to kill. On one hand killing other competitors before Ouroborous meant less potential distractions when he had to eventually face Ouroborous but on the other hand it meant an opportunity lost. As Thane had realised before all his opponents possessed powerful abilities that could be useful and removing any one of them meant permanently losing access to that ability. In the same vein it became imperative that Ouroborous was dealt with quickly simply due to Algernon's frailty. His ability would be indispensible against Ouroborous, and delaying to kill other enemies gave those enemies the opportunity to kill Algernon. In short nothing had changed. Thane would locate Algernon and proceed with the plan, perhaps waiting before instructing Algernon to create weaponry for him this time.

Thane extended his senses again. Algernon was below him, in the basement with another unidentified mind, while Maxl appeared to have left the building. Interesting but irrelevant. Thane turned around and walked down the stairs to the basement, submerging himself beneath the water without hesitation. Although he moved somewhat sluggishly, weighed down by his plate armour, Thane swam directly towards Algernon, surfacing in the black caves in which he had found himself at the start of the battle. Algernon was sat in a small boat with the werewolf who The Controller had identified as Pluck. They were sat talking in front of an enormous statue of a tortoise, or so Thane presumed. As the tortoise responded to them, Thane stared in disbelief. He clearly felt the prescence of only two minds in this room, the tortoise was not one of them. Thane swam over to the boat and climbed aboard, surprising both Algernon and Pluck, though his stare was fixed on Immortus.

Algernon groaned mournfully as Thane climbed onto the small boat, his mind racing. Thane clearly wasn't going to give up, and he refused to be what amounted to his slave. He would not give up more of his precious memories at the whims of a monster. He was in this battle to kill and Thane was certainly one person who deserved it. Algernon acted fast, producing his bulletless gun and aiming it at the old one, preparing a think a bullet or two into existence.

'That will not be necessary Algernon.' Thane thought calmly, his gaze still affixed on Immortus. 'What are you?' Thane inquired of the turtle.
"I AM IMMORTUS." The voice of the tortoise echoed throughout the flooding caves. In the classroom chips of plaster fell from the weakened ceiling with every word that Immortus spoke.
'No I do not care who you are, I asked what you are.' Thane thought back unfazed. Immortus frowned, so much as a giant tortoise can frown and eventually responded.
"I AM A SCHOOLTEACHER HERE. I TEACH HISTORY."
'No.' Thane thought harshly. 'What kind of thing are you?' Thane pointed at Algernon. 'He is a human with a worm on his head' then at Pluck. 'He is a werewolf. I am half human and half old one. What manner of being are you?' Thane stared at the tortoise in silence.
"Are you kidding?" Pluck started bewildered, but Algernon glared him into silence, grateful that the old one was not paying attention to them.
"ARE YOU BLIND?" Immortus bellowed. "I AM A TORTOISE."
'Liar.' Thane thought, as he clumsily lashed out with his soulblade, pain shooting through his arm from where it had not yet healed, regardless he had made his point. The blade had peirced the tortoise's skin and exposed the wiring underneath. 'You are a machine. A construct of The Controller. This is why I was unable to sense your mind when I was down here. Because you do not have one.'. Thane paused, glancing down at Algernon and Pluck. Suddenly their minds were filled with fear. 'What is your purpose, machine?'

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School] - by Ixcaliber - 07-08-2010, 10:06 PM