The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]

The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School]
Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

Pluck sipped his cup of tea, and quickly realized that he vastly preferred coffee. He should have had the large tortoise think of that instead.
"Uh huh. So, ancient Rome, huh? Sounds like you're pretty powerful."

"IT WAS MERELY A STANDARD TIME ASSIGNMENT. THE STUDENT KNOWN AS CARLYLE QUANTIS DID PARTICULARLY WELL ON HIS THE ASSIGNMENT BY RETURNING WITH THE CROWN OF JULIUS CASER."
"Well, that sure is fascinating. Say, you wouldn't be able to, I don't know, use those powers of yours to get me out of this mess, would you?"
"WHICH MESS ARE YOU REFERRING TO?"
"The whole fight to the death thing? Crazy manipulative bastard brought me and others here to fight until we all die? I mentioned it in detail 10 minutes ago."
"I APOLOGIZE, FOR MY MEMORY HAS BEEN A BIT HAZY AS OF LATE. FOR EXAMPLE, I WAS DYING, AND ASKED CARLYLE TO FETCH ME A GOAT BEZOAR"
"What the hell's a bezoar?"
"IT CAN BE DEFINED AS A MASS FOUND IN AN INTESTINAL TRACT, USUALLY MADE UP OF HAIR AND UNDIGESTED VEGETABLES."
"Gross. So, something about your memory?"
"I AM STILL HERE TODAY, AND YET I AM NOT QUITE SURE IF CARLYLE SUCCEEDED IN HIS QUEST."
"I suppose that would be a little odd. So, what about using your powers to help me with my problem?"
"WHAT PROBLEM WOULD THAT BE?"

Pluck sighed. It didn't seem he would be getting anywhere with this line of requesting. He mentally cursed at the Controller, not actually having any evidence, but still assuming that the memory blocks in Immortus were his fault.
His train of thought was soon interrupted by an approaching sound.
"What's that?"

"IT IS RAINING RATHER HARD AND THERE MUST BE A HOLE IN THE ROOF."
"That came out of nowhere."
"THAT IS THE SOUND OF RUNNING WATER."
"Oh, alright. That, uh, what?"
The water wasn't particularly torrential, but it did come in faster than Pluck had expected, him not expecting any at all, and a shallow puddle quickly started spreading across the entire basement.
"This could prove problematic. Hey, Immortus, bud, could you do me a favor, and just let your mind wander for a moment? Think of a sunny afternoon by the lake. A couple is in a rowboat, holding hands. Focus on the rowboat, floating gently on the water."
A few moments later, a rowboat appeared next to Pluck, with intricate designs on the side. All in all, it was a rather nice rowboat. The kind you would see in a painting of a perfect day.

"WILL THAT SUFFICE?"
Pluck sat in the boat, waiting for the water to rise enough for it to float. Judging by the rate at which it spread, it wouldn't take more than a few minutes.
"Yes, I think it should. Thank you. So... tell me more about this Carlyle kid."

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School] - by Robust Laser - 07-06-2010, 01:27 AM