The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]

The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School]
Originally posted on MSPA by whoosh!.

Aic smiled acidly.

"Two Acacias? That would be a pain in the ass. No, Acacia is the just the name of the other person in my head who sometimes likes to take our body out for a spin, regardless of whether I'm giving permission or not," she drawled, half winking again.

"But don't worry. I'm the real one."

Yet in the next moment her smile fell away, and her gaze dropped down from Holly's face.

"But… she's strange. Sometimes I think there might be another layer beneath her. Masquerading with her name, but it's something more like me. And the rain thing. She's got this weird deal with rain. Acacia's hiding a memory from me, something that links back to this rain. And yet…"

Aic raised her head, where she ignored Holly in favour of the sight beyond her. A pair of windows sat resolutely in the wall, opportunely illuminated for that moment by a lightning flash. But even that did not banish the water that pounded the glass so stoically. Aic leapt across the room, gliding closer until she touched the cold glass with one hand.

"And yet, I think, if I asked her, she would show it to me without a moment's hesitation. The memory, that is. What sense does that make?"

Skammer removed her hand from the glass and turned slowly around to face Holly. Aic was trembling, her face pale and a single tear cutting it's shining path down her right cheek.

"I'm so, so scared of whatever she saw the day. The day the rain came down, and she remembered. I'm scared of what that memory contains, and why she cares enough to make sure I don't see it. That's what spooks me the most. That she actually gives a damn about me, on this single matter. Why?"

She wiped away the tears accumulating in her eyes. Suddenly, she paused with her hand frozen in the act and stared at Holly like she'd never seen her standing there before. Entranced, she slowly cleared away the last of the tears she'd almost shed. Aic murmured something.

"Pardon?" Holly frowned at Aic, tilting her head to the side. "What-"

"Take the rain away," Aic repeated, her face regaining some of it's previous colour. Her eyes were dancing, despite the cold slam of despair that hung deep in their depths. "Obviously not the memory, that's impossible. But she needs that rain, Holly! She clings to it like her life depends on it! The rain is a part of her, tied to an emotion she handcuffed herself to. Take that away, and…"

Aic halted for a moment, her words seeming to fail her. She shrugged, throwing her hands up.

"The bitch'll just die."

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School] - by whoosh! - 06-25-2010, 01:55 PM