The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]

The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School]
Originally posted on MSPA by whoosh!.

Aic ran a hand over the stubble on her head and sighed, observing Ouroborous ash float down around the two of them. She idly flicked some away from her.

“I'd love to chat more, but we're going to get eaten if we stand around. A rather tough setback to recover from, as I understand it.” She glanced at Holly out of the corner of her eye, smiling.

“So let's find ourselves somewhere a little quieter.”

With a small grating chuckle she tipped back the elf and scooped her up into her arms with a single smooth movement. After bestowing a small kiss upon the nose of the slightly surprised manipulator, she picked up the pace, breaking into an all out sprint down the corridor with only an occasional glance back to assure herself that the bizarre bugs had not caught up with them just yet. Her white coat swept out behind her with all the majesty of a cloak and her eyes were blazed with pure joy. Her eyes caught Holly's, and she winked.

Suddenly, Aic skidded violently and jumped sideways down an adjoined corridor. A single heavy-looking door opposed them. It was promptly kicked open, with little more than a small squeak from Holly. She surveyed the room sternly, noting the rather snazzy tall stools appreciatively. Aic lowered the elf down so she could find her feet again.

Just as soon as she had, the scientist shot over to the door again where she leant out into the corridor.

“No sign of the fleas. Doesn't mean they're not coming,” Aic gasped, swinging around to the slam the door shut and grabbing a stool to prop under the door handle. “But that just means we have time to prepare a proper siege. They'll get bored of hammering against a door eventually anyway.”

She darted away again, this time seizing a hefty desk and heaving it across the room, where it replaced the significantly less impressive stool. Satisfied, Aic hoisted herself up onto the desk and met Holly's stare with her head propped up in her hands.

For a few seconds Aic simply took her in. Every little detail was noted and marveled at.

“I've never met anyone like you before,” she declared at last, her panting mostly faded already. “Tell me about yourself. Just who are you, Ms Holly Tallbirch?”

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School] - by whoosh! - 06-22-2010, 04:50 PM