The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]

The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School]
Originally posted on MSPA by whoosh!.

Show Content

When in doubt, gain height.

Acacia pressed her one gloveless hand against the cold glass of one of the classrooms, and readjusted her huddled perch on the windowsill. The rain was so distracting. She'd had plans, ideas, a thousand shards of a thousand little lies. But it's rhythmic swirls upon the window drew her in, defused her and sent her reeling. She didn't know why. But Good Acacia did. Those tiny, feeble whispers gnawed at the corners of her immovable shield and wormed their way through. And by God, they knew.

When in doubt, gain height.

She smashed her forehead against the glass, but the little thoughts were too small to be swayed. However the hell that worked. Acacia growled and unbent herself from the window, snapping her attention from the black hole of the rain with the iron will of the harshest taskmaster. Little, poor, naïve, pathetic Acacia wanted to go up, did she?

Well then. That's where they would go. But Aic would note the debt and return it with a grin so fucking big the adorable, twee Acacia would shatter like ice.

I'll make you pay.

Aic twitched round, but no one else was in the classroom.

Of course there is. I'm right here.

A hand on her shoulder. Cold. Freezing. And hard as the pummeling rain she couldn't hear behind her.

You may call yourself Aic now, but you're still Bad Acacia. And I'm still here. Good Acaia. Like the rain. The rain we never left behind.

Aic didn't move. Neither did the hand.

Well? Haven't we got height to be gaining?

Aic took the few steps forward, but the rain still held onto her, never wavering. She didn't want to look. Just… just to keep moving. She still couldn't remember the rain. Not this rain, but the one Acacia knew about. The one buried under piles of rubbish and inanity, trapped in the denial and fear that still rippled through her, even if she couldn't remember why it did.

“Why?” She whimpered, suddenly realizing the fetal position she'd assumed on the floor. The rain still grasped her, and the cold was spreading through her shoulder…

But no reply came from the one she'd suppressed for her freedom. She'd said all she needed to, apparently. Aic closed her eyes, gritted her teeth with all the fury of a thousand wailing harpies and crawled towards the door,

Eventually she got bored of the ‘major effort' act and opened her eyes.

First thing – ladder. That's height. Good enough for the bitch in my head, right? Second thing – rain's gone. So is the cold. Aic leaned back against a wall and shook her left arm until it was feeling less dead. Which was an improvement, to say the least. Or just a relief. She still wanted to do so much with her life. Like kick that bitch's ass and hand it to her on a silver platter. That's gonna be such a sweet, sweet victory. She sighed, and brought out her second glove that she'd stowed just before shaking puck's hand, oh, ten minutes ago? God knows what any of those guys were doing now.

Aic sighed yet again and rose to her feet. Staring at the ladder was certainly entertaining, but Acacia would probably get antsy again if she didn't start climbing the damn thing. Right foot on first rung, left on the second and whoa would you look at that. I'm climbing the ladder. See that, Acacia? I'm doing just what you said. Now don't get the rain on me again.

She paused her ascent several metres up when she realized just where this thing was going.

Ack. There was someone up there, too. Scritching and scratching. Like a rat.

A little too bored to care anymore, Aic pounded up the last few rungs and stuck her head up into the bell tower. And quietly swore. Very quietly.

She slumped over the floor.

“Heya, elf.”

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School] - by whoosh! - 06-10-2010, 05:11 PM