The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]

The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School]
Originally posted on MSPA by The Dr..

Show Content

Lucas booked it down the corridor, unusually aware of the Ouroborous chasing after him. His feet pounded down against the linoleum tiling of the hallway's floors, making a sickening pounding noise each time it connected. Considering the entire hallway was littered with linoleum tiling, metal lockers, and focused spaces to echo through, the sound of Lucas's sloppy running was amplified a hundredfold against the delicate ears of the Ouroborous's collective mass; as such, it felt repelled to continue chasing Lucas, and instead returned to the gym. Having been so slow, however, it had not made it there in time to find Thane once again.

Lucas, after a long while, stopped running. He hadn't realized that the Ouroborous had stopped chasing him, so he had kept on. He slowed down to a leisurely walk, which then again turned into a brisk jog, and then into a full-blown dash. He heard footsteps bearing down him from the hallway. It was originally a twisted hallucination of Lucas's mind, but eventually it faded and was replaced by the echoing of his own footsteps.

Having decided that this was rediculous enough, Envy soon decided to grab the reins of Lucas's body. Slowly, Lucas's features changed to that of Envy's. His hair grew extensively, his clothes simply seemed to shape like putty into hers. Deciding that, since this was a high school after all, the kids who had kept there must have been keeping some sweet loot in their lockers. Even if it was just drugs or something, she knew she'd be able to trade it for something else when she won this competition and got back into the real world. People would do some crazy shit for their next hit.

"Envy..." Wrath finally spoke up, having recovered from the fear. He'd experienced this kind of thing before; when you're the kind of person that ends up murdering people for fun, he'd learned to deal with fear and the like, but Thane... Thane was a different person, he had concluded, and he decided at that point it was a safe bet to avoid the Old One for a time. Having experienced what might not have even been it's full embrace, Wrath knew that his power was too overwhelming to take on at the moment, and letting any of the four demons try and manipulate Thane's mind might not have ended well. "Can I take back over for now? There's nothing in the lockers, I'm pretty damn well I can assure you. If you spot something, I'll get it for you, but will you do all of us a favor and try not to die? Wandering absentmindedly around the halls like this is only going to get you in trouble. And trust me, Envy," he snarled, "I'm the only one around here who's doing any killing for the next while." Reluctantly, she gave up control to Wrath. He could still feel the thoughts racing through his head, the pure terror... and he didn't even know about what. Nonetheless, he was still in fighting condition.

Trying to keep as quiet as he could, he wandered about the hallways for a couple minutes, hearing distant voices of others. Even though he despised being denied what he had been crowned to do, he decided to stay away from them. If they were so powerful to have been gathered up into this battle, then they were probably not the average, every-day citizens he was used to mindlessly slaughtering. He'd have to implement some strategy.

But suddenly, he felt another wave of emotion crawl over him. He recognized the voice of the Old One he had been fearing just then, but now it was less hateful and more horrified.
"The deaf woman has gone insane. She's trapped me in the peace room and she's going to kill me. Please hurry."

Wrath grinned. He saw right through Thane's plan. He wanted the others to feel pity on him, and make the Acacia woman out to be the bad one. Hell, if anything, she was probably saving the day by trapping the bastard in there. Wrath knew, though, that the woman couldn't go so far as to kill him. Even if she was going to try to, Wrath wouldn't let her. Thane had been the source of all of that pain, that fear. No matter who tried to stop him, he was going to kill Thane. He eagerly made his way to the Peace Room.

He hoped it would already be bloody when he got there.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School] - by GBCE - 06-06-2010, 06:22 AM