The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]

The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School]
Originally posted on MSPA by MrGuy.

Holly looked around the group, thoroughly disgusted. Algernon was a whiny and clearly incredibly impressionable fool, Arnold was only slightly less naive than she had hoped, and the Countess... well, the Countess was quite the opposite. She seemed competent, dangerously so, and something about her put the elf off immediately. Perhaps it was residual loathing from the library computer debacle; perhaps it was just the not-very-subtle aura of condescension she emanated. As for that "utterly barbaric" line, she could tell it was poppycock from the moment the mechanical woman had said it. Nobody who really believed that could be so at ease in such a setting, surely?

Hmm, perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself. Rest assured, I'll get her off her high horse eventually. The only question remaining was how precisely Holly would kill her. Presumably, it was like a troll: you simply have to do so much harm at once that there's no chance for recovery.

Just then, however, Pluck and Acacia came barging into the room. "Can you believe the food they serve here?" the werewolf said. Holly was absolutely floored. Did... did he really think that was amusing? At least she could take small comfort in the fact that she was surrounded by idiots. At this rate, she cared less about surviving and more about getting rid of them. Still, best to stay "friendly" for the time being. She rifled in her pack, pretending not to have noticed Pluck's comment, and ripped a couple of pages from a purple tome, curling it in her palm. She then set it aside and pretended to just notice the new arrivals. "Oh, hello! I apologize, I missed your comment earlier. Might you repeat it?" Immediately after he did, she burned the page and burst out laughing. "Ha, completely! You have a great sense of humor, mister... Pluck, was it?" She leaned forward, staring intently at him. "I like men with a good sense of humor. Do you have any other good jokes you'd like to share?"

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School] - by MaxieSatan - 06-02-2010, 04:59 PM