The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]

The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 6: Tidal Cove]
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School]
Originally posted on MSPA by MalkyTop.

Algernon could feel the shame rush into him, as though the artificial anger had shoved it into a locker and was holding it in there, laughing and jeering until it got bored and left so the shame was free to sulk down the halls of his mind.

Once he was carefully set down, Algernon slowly went to pick up his stuff, wishing that the memory eater on his head would just eat the past few minutes up already. Shame soon turned into bad temper (this time, natural anger!) as he shot a glare towards that elf, who he knew was the one who caused his immature behavior, I mean, wasn't it obvious? But no, nobody was addressing it. Everybody probably already thought him crazy. They didn't need to think him paranoid as well. So, ignoring a smug smirk from Holly, he muttered an apology to Arnold for biting him twice and kicking him however many times and generally acting like a child.

He kept his head down, calming himself during all the introductions (nothing he hadn't heard before about Arnold and the less dwelt on Holly the better; besides, her introduction seemed to have quite a bit of flirting in it), reasoning that he would eventually forget this whole incident, whether because of ol' wormy up there or because he would be dead, so it would be quite useless to hold a grudge. Even though he really really distrusted Holly now, it wasn't worth being so worked up about. He'd definitely needed to watch her, though.

"Algernon?" The dark-haired man looked up at Arnold and was sure he caught a glint of uncertainty and doubt in his eyes. Great. Already this team thing wasn't going so well.

"Yeah, I know, introductions," he rasped, sounding as though he had jolted his voice box out of place with all that screaming.

"Catch a cold, sweetie?" Holly smiled brightly. Algernon sighed, but that only made him cough.

"Do you need a drink?" The Countess said, carefully injecting concern in her tone and Algernon smiled wanly back.

"[size=xx-small]No, I'm fine.
" A little creepy in appearance, but already he liked her better than the player of emotions over there. As he reached into his new bag, he said, "I'm Algernon, I really don't do much other than what the Controller already said..." He peered at the baby carrots. Yup, still moist.

"Now, don't be impersonal," the Countess chuckled. "Tell us what that is."

"Creation of whatever object I can think of due to this guy." Algernon poked the large worm, who wriggled in agitation. It was a little disgusting but the Countess found it fascinating. How hard were those teeth latched on to his skull? How much pain would occur if she pulled it? What was inside that worm anyways? "He eats my memories in turn, which I rather he not do." He started eating some carrots, noisily crunching as he did.

"Anything you can think of?" Holly said doubtfully. "Like a portal home?"

"That is something that transcends space, possibly time, as well as dimensions and would probably require much more memory than I have at the moment," Algernon replied in the way a helpline operator does to the consistent stream of idiocy he deals with in a day. "Nothing immaterial either, like 'hope' or 'victory' or whatever. I don't know if I can actually do that, but even if I could, it'd probably take up as much, if not more than, 'a portal home.'

I'm not going to do much with this power anyways unless I really have to. Hopefully never in this battle.
" The Countess realized from this remark that, if she were to kill its host, the worm would not starve for quite a long time. Which was a little disappointing.

Holly scoffed. "Gonna do a lot of running and hiding, huh." Algernon responded with another crunch of a carrot.[/color]

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Gradual Massacre (GBS2G4) [Round 1: Focal High School] - by MalkyTop - 06-02-2010, 04:12 AM