The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]

The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 2: Prospect Creek]
Originally posted on MSPA by Pinary.

The ants were apparently too intent on their goals to allow Geoff to switch from one to the other, so all he could do was get rid of what rocks he could and live with the rest. They moved faster than he would've expected, and by the time he was done, they'd already passed the last of the buildings and moved out into open desert. A gust of wind peppered his face with sand, and he retied the rag below his appropriated goggles. He imagined he probably looked rather strange. But then, he mused, it's not like strange is unusual at this point.

As if to emphasize that fact, the herd of ants reached the top of a dune and began their descent, slipping and skidding down the slope with next to no control. This didn't seem to phase them, either. They just kept on going, intent on reaching their goal.

After a bit longer, Geoff decided he wanted at least some semblance of control. Experimentally, he reached out for one of the ant's antennae, giving it a gentle tug. Either due to simple nature or, more likely, the interference of whatever being had caused these particular absurdities, the ant responded as he'd hoped, turning slightly in the direction he'd pulled. Taking a more firm grasp, he gave them a flick, urging the ant forward. Obediently, it picked up speed, bringing the Hattallan closer to the front of the herd.

Timothy was a bit distracted, what with the insane pseudogod nattering away in his head, and he didn't quite register Geoff's shouts at first.

"What, sorry?"

"I said, 'it's time for some answers!'" The Hattallan might have been annoyed, but behind the goggles and rag, Tim couldn't really tell.

"Alright," he responded uncertainly, raising his voice a bit in order to be heard, "what do you want to know?"

"Well, for one thing... What in Kol's name is going on?!"

"Ah, well, it's like this. You remember the Eccentric?"

"Yeah..." Geoff already didn't like where the explanation was headed.

"He kinda.... came to me, through this thing-" he gestured at his torc- "and now he wants me to help him get revenge."

Geoff had to pause for a moment as the ants crested another dune before be could respond. "Revenge? What, against the Composer?"

"Uh, yeah! She's got him really riled up, and now he needs me to sacrifice the angel so that he can manifest... or something. He's not exactly spelling things out for me here, okay?"

"Alright, sure, okay. So, just to be clear, he wants you to fight Sirius... with ants?! Does he not remember the part where he can fly?! It hardly seems that we stand any more of a chance riding these things!"

flying FLYING flying The Eccentric chattered away in Tim's head, only vaguely making any sort of sense. He can fly they can fly FLYING birds

Sliding down another mound of sand, Tim had a chance to think. "I'm, uh... I'm not sure what he thinks," Tim replied after a moment. "As I said, he's not exactly making himself clear."

"So do you have a plan, then? How are you going to keep yourself from being blasted into oblivion?"

"I really haven't had much of a chance to think about it! I mean, I've been busy having an insane... thing blabbering away in my head, and it's been a bit distracting!"

"Alright, fine, but that doesn't mean oh you have got to be kidding me."

-

Sirius, crouching down to examine Jeremy's prone form, saw movement out of the corner of his eye and turned to look. It took him a moment to process what he saw.

The ants, rather than sliding down the next dune, had simply kept going up, becoming airborne at the dune's peak and just flying through the air. They had no wings to speak of, but somehow, they were flying.

In Tim's mind, the Eccentric giggled madly. flying FLYING flying

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 2: Prospect Creek] - by Pinary - 11-12-2010, 11:21 PM
[No subject] - by Dragon Fogel - 12-12-2012, 02:38 AM