The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]

The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 2: Prospect Creek]
Originally posted on MSPA by Pinary.

When Geoff entered the saloon, the sound of the swinging doors attracted Jeremy's attention. He got up from his stool, knocking it over in the process, and took a few unsteady steps toward the Hattallan.

"Heeyy, Geoff! How's it been- What... Wazzzaaap?"

"Alright, Jeremy, nice to see you too. Maybe you should sit down a minute."

"That's a good plan. Let's, I'll just, right here. Yeah."

Geoff led him over to a nearby table, and they sat down.

"So," the Hattallan asked, "what happened back there? Once we split up, where did you go? I mean, there were several minutes between that statue getting killed and us being brought here. Did you manage to shake that... thing?"

Jeremy's face darkened. "No, man. It just kept following me, it wouldn't- And the doors, man, the doors! And then he, and I, and..." He took a few shuddering breaths before continuing. "It makes you think, you know?"

"I don't quite follow."

He snorted into the mug he'd been repeatedly filling with alcohol and giggled a bit. "All this, I mean, it's just... Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?"

"Well, I suppose-"

"Caught in a landside, no escape from reality."

"What?"

"Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see..."

"Jeremy, man, you're not making any sense."

"I'm just a poor boy, I need so sympathy, because I'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low! Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me!"

Geoff, with no exposure to Queen, had no idea what Jeremy was going on about. He gave up trying to understand and just sat back, letting the kid finish.

Jeremy showed no signs of slowing down, however. He raised his voice as he carried on, getting louder as the song progressed. It didn't take long for him to get loud enough for his voice to reach the roof.

A few moments after the kid started imitating the guitar solo, something wrenched a hole in the roof, tearing their way in.

Jeremy's song faltered and died as Sirius descended into the saloon, eyes blazing.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 2: Prospect Creek] - by Pinary - 08-27-2010, 10:58 PM
[No subject] - by Dragon Fogel - 12-12-2012, 02:38 AM