The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]

The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 1: Grande Adventures]
Originally posted on MSPA by Pinary.

Geoff and Jeremy didn't have long to wait. After just a few minutes of standing at the rail (during which Jeremy had surreptitiously sidled closer to the Hattallan), a buzzing noise began to build in the distance. It rose rapidly, getting louder and louder until finally, in a blur, the thing from the video flew past the office below. As fast as it had risen, the noise died down, until, just a few moments later, the eerie silence of the city returned.

"Right," Geoff said, "we need to get out of here. If that's what scared off the population of this city, it's probably not something we want to be hanging around. Maybe it's just best we just move on."

Jeremy smirked at him. "Oh, come on, whatever happened to investigating? You were just going on about the importance of 'studying the worlds around us'- are you trying to tell me you just want to give up?"

Geoff scowled. "Did you see how fast that thing was moving? If you've got an idea on how to stop it, I'm..." He trailed off as the buzzing noise returned, building rapidly.

The drone came barrelling straight towards them, its swarm of grasping arms reaching out for the two life signs. Geoff dove to one side, pulling the human with him as he did; the drone's arms reached for them, but it could only grab air as it rushed past.

The buzzing died away again, and after a few moments, Geoff spoke up. "You can get off me any time."

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 1: Grande Adventures] - by Pinary - 07-30-2010, 01:35 AM
[No subject] - by Dragon Fogel - 12-12-2012, 02:38 AM