The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]

The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 1: Grande Adventures]
Originally posted on MSPA by Pinary.

Geoff nodded, once more missing the reference. "That it is." For another moment, the silence continued.

Then a thought occurred to him. He focused a bit, staring not at the general magnitude of the structure, but at a small area. After a moment, he turned, staring at a different spot.

"Uh, hey. What's so interesting?"

Geoff replied without looking, still staring around. "What do you hear?"

"Whaddya mean, what do I hear?"

"I mean, what sorts of sounds do you hear? Listen for a sec and tell me what you hear."

Jeremy frowned and fell silent, listening.

Wind blew through the city from some unknown source. A few catwalks creaked somewhere above them, and a water leak somewhere gurgled to itself.

"It's some wind and a bit of water, man. What's the big deal?"

Geoff turned to him, a little irritated. "The big deal? It's the people here, they're the big deal."

"What people? This place is deserted."

"Exactly." Geoff gestured around them, waving a grey, nailless hand at the cityscape above them. "Look at this place. It's incredible- the sheer amount of time and effort that it must have taken to build this place is astounding."

"So what exactly happened to make someone just up and abandon all that work? I mean, look around you. The people who created this place were incredibly advanced. What would it take to scare people like that away?"

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 1: Grande Adventures] - by Pinary - 06-25-2010, 03:51 PM
[No subject] - by Dragon Fogel - 12-12-2012, 02:38 AM