The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]

The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 1: Grande Adventures]
Originally posted on MSPA by slipsicle.

Show Content
Jeremy and Geoff walked in silence for a bit, both content in their own thoughts; Jeremy, for once, was blissfully silent.

Then... "Sooooo Geoff my buddy, let's say we go knockin' around in some of these buildings, eh?" Jeremy flashed a roguish grin at his companion, and gestured with his thumb towards a nearby, to Geoff, megalith.

"... yes, I suppose we should. I'd like to get a good look inside, to see if there's any evidence of their builders, or their purpose."

"Cool, cool." Despite his nonchalant agreement, Jeremy did not seem to particularly share Geoff's motivations. Nevertheless, the two made their way towards the building Jeremy had motioned towards. Jeremy paused briefly before entering, and turned to Geoff.

"Just so you know man, I ain't gonna be doin' much of the... uh... door-stuff while we're in here. Easier on you, y'see. It's kinda hard to keep track of where we are if I decide to jump us all which-way on a fuckin' roller-coaster ride of doors through these buildings. Not that I usually care about the layout of whatever building I'm in. Actually I usually don't care if I'm in a building at all; usually just lookin' for a good time, and if it's behind a door I'll take it, location be damned. So yeah, for your benefit, no wonkiness unless we need to get somewhere. All doors are gonna be all regular-like." Another grin, and Jeremy opened the door.

Geoff nearly ran into him as they walked through, as Jeremy had stopped suddenly, and was staring up. Geoff followed his gaze to see what had so surprised him, and nearly gasped.

They were standing on a catwalk, whose paths branched out, web-like; some ending in the vast pillars which littered the vista before them. The pillars stretched upwards, and what they supported was what had robbed the two of their voices.

Extending as far as they could see was a vast network of catwalks, pillars, bridges, elevators, stairs, and an assortment of buildings and enclosures, all forming a vertical city, suspended above their heads.

In the end, it was Jeremy whom finally broke the silence.

"Hellfire, man, it's bigger on the inside."

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 1: Grande Adventures] - by GBCE - 06-24-2010, 01:39 AM
[No subject] - by Dragon Fogel - 12-12-2012, 02:38 AM