The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]

The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]
Re: The Delicious Engagement [Round 0: Do Something Interesting]
Originally posted on MSPA by slipsicle.

Jeremy Brackett, self-styled "doormancer", is obviously going insane.

What other explanation is there? One minute, he's opening a door to have some fun with the lovely people on the ISS, the next, he's falling through a strobing tunnel of color and crazy. A giant, scary, multi-limbed, multi-eyed THING is YELLING at him, and he is dropped into a multi-colored disco platform. Or something.

Jeremy's knees collapse. This is it. His magical freaky door stuff has... something or whatever. He always knew his ability was special; in a world of science and technology, he was the only person who could do the impossible. And it really is impossible. He barely has the rules down himself; he just knows what's a "door" and whether it will work, and just feels where he wants to go, and the door opens there. He should have known it would attract the attention of some... universe... dimension... crazy... thing. This is it, he repeats to himself. I'm done. Dead. They've killed me. I'm dying. Too much door stuff... or... wait, Finnish?. The incongruity jars him out of his melancholic state. And... I have to kill people?

The thought jerks him upright. I can't kill people. Killing is messy and there's screaming and.... He stands. I'm getting out of here.

Jeremy whirls around, searching for something, anything that might constitute a door, trying to avoid looking at the screeching insanity, not real not real not happening running through his mind all the while. Door door door damnit why are there no DOORS?! The panicked litany tears through his mind as tears begin to stream down his face. He sinks back to he knees, muttering, "I just... just need a door... that's all..." His jaw clenches as he fights back a sob. "FUCK!" The word is punctuated by his fist hitting the schizoid ground, "... fuck.." he repeats, as he rests his head on the ground, gripped by silent crying.
Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Delicious Engagement [Round 0: Do Something Interesting] - by GBCE - 05-31-2010, 01:34 AM
[No subject] - by Dragon Fogel - 12-12-2012, 02:38 AM