Journal of Sociology [S!6] - [Round Two: Ryburg Ritz]

Journal of Sociology [S!6] - [Round Two: Ryburg Ritz]
Re: Journal of Sociology [S!6] - [Round One: The Pacific Spire]
Originally posted on MSPA by Solaris.

No, no, nooooo!!!

As Blake witnessed Elise get shocked, his mind lost the focus needed to properly perform the teleportation, which added a bit more randomness to his movement than "somewhere safe". Rather than end up somewhere without any people, like a women's restroom or the human resources department, when Blake rematerialized he bumped backwards into a janitor.

<font color="#6300A5">"Oof! Hey buddy, watch where you're going!"

Blake panicked, ignoring the janitor and pacing back and forth over what he had just done. I abandoned her! We were in danger and I ran like a coward. He held his head in his shaking hands, worried, not so much at the scientist, as his experience with them wasn't that they were very malicious, but more at how she hadn't wanted to get captured and had only done so because of his hesitation. He had to do something.

He grabbed at the janitor by the shoulders, "You work here right, you know where things are? I need to find someone."

Oli was a bit flustered at Blake's frantic actions. He didn't know what he'd expect from one of the twins, but it certainly wasn't... this. Still, he had a cover to keep, and messing with him would be a fun change of pace.

"Alright bud, sure, but first you've got to apologize for bumping into me."

With a whine, Blake gave a "I'm sorry, and it won't happen again, I am a bit frantic right now."

He was, as Oli could plainly see. The fake janitor wondered what had made him sweat and shake. Was it one of the others? "Are you okay buddy, you look like you've seen a ghost, what can I do for you?"

Blake took a few deep breaths before calming down a bit. "A friend of mine was taken, by these people all dressed alike, with weapons!" Blake raised his hands for emphasis.

"Uhm... you'll have to be more specific than that...

After having Sir Bradley's crew described with some more detail, and having the situation explained a bit more, Oli nodded and lied to Blake, telling the factory worker that he knew exactly where to go. The disguised man wondered which of the ladies this Blake was after and what was up with the other one of him. Under his guise, he asked Blake about these and a few other questions, to pass the time and to give him some time to think about exactly where to go.

Their journey to the elevators was otherwise uneventful, but when Oli motioned for the Up Button, Blake stuttered a bit.

"Uhm... can we... not use the elevator?"

Oli eyed Blake for a bit, with a sigh, agreed. "Alright, let's get to those stairs." He led Blake to the nearest door, assuming that it led to the staircase.

As he witnessed the monster that was the Pacific Spire's staircase, Blake wondered if the elevator really would be so bad. It was not only the sheer size of the spiraling structure, but also the various conflicts caused by the combination of small space, big egos, and tension thicker than a whale.

"I'm having second thoughts about this."

But it was too late, Oli had already started to climb the dangerous steps, giving Blake no option but to follow...
</font>

Messages In This Thread
Re: Journal of Sociology [S!6] - [Round One: The Pacific Spire] - by Solaris - 09-21-2012, 01:40 AM