QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 3: Deluge]

QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 3: Deluge]
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 1: Godsworn Valley]
Originally posted on MSPA by Anomaly.

Faced with a platoon of vicious hell-soldiers charging toward them, intent on killing everything that breathes and some things that don't, the normal reaction might have been to run. To hide. To at least take shelter behind the 11-foot robot suit guy with a massive gun for an arm.

Anila instead reacted with a grin, pulling her fairly-dull probably-not-magical sword from her bag. Who the hell would want to run away from something like this, anyway? This was adventure! This was excitement! This was needlessly dangerous!

Besides, she did have ice robot man and his cannon if, inconceivably, it was too much for her to handle.

You're not planning on fighting them with that thing, are you?

Uh, yeah I'm going to fight them with this thing. Do I look like an amateur to you?

...Just stay behind Akroht, Anila. Don't die.

Anila sighed. She supposed she could stay out of harm's way.

...By leaping on top of the Iceworlder's armor. She paid no mind to his protests and attempts to brush her off, reminding him that he was supposed to be fighting the Predators, not her. She just wanted a better view, that's all. Akroht grumbled and again leveled his gun toward the figures approaching on the horizon.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Four coldbloods rested in the distance. Little matter for two, perhaps even one Predator, let alone a dozen. Those numbers were certainly unnecessary - just an hour before they had handily slaughtered three times that number without a single casualty. This group of prey would be dead before they had a chance to fire a shot.

The Predators darted through the grass, rapidly, silently approaching their mark. Interesting, the group they approached seemed to be growing in number - they were first joined by another of similar temperature, and then another indeterminate humanoid. It mattered little. The Predators would not have backed down if faced with an army of giants.

Were they any other army, they might have rethought their strategy the moment one of their number was blasted by an energy wave that knocked them to the ground, coating their armor in ice. The remaining eleven did not stop to assist their fallen comrade - to do so would open them to further attack. Never before had a soldier of Frigidus so easily taken out a Predator. Raxis's warriors didn't want to take any risks with this unknown weapon - they each drew their guns and opened fire.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Date unknown, time unknown

Huh, that's odd. Usually it fills in the time on its own. Maybe it can't keep track of it when we're not on our world? Oh well, who cares about the time anyway? There's a battle going on!

I met the God of Science a while ago, too. I didn't even know there was a God of Science! Do other planes or universes or whatever have their own gods? This warrants investigation. Anyway I met him and then flew on the manticore dragon thing over here to the big ice machine guy! I'll draw a picture of him in a sec but there's a lot going on.

There's these guys who I think worship this god of ice or something, and they're being hunted by these guys who worship the god of war, who are running toward us right now. Oh hey Ice Machine just shot one of them with his giant gun arm thing. Must be a freeze ray or something! The other four seem to be hiding behind him for some reason. Dunno why. There's a much better view from up here.

Wow okay I thought these guys were supposed to be highly trained soldiers but their bullets aren't even hurting Ice Machine. I think they're also trying to shoot me but I guess their aim is really bad or something. IM's taken out about half of them by now... No, more than half. 8... 9. Nine of them. They're getting pretty close now. I hope they don't shoot one of the ice priest guys, I like them.

hey no what are you doing argh go away blargh

no look i told you to

GET THE HELL OFF

Sorry about that, one of them just jumped onto Ice Machine while I wasn't paying attention. Knocked him off with my awesome sword and then IM kicked him in the face. I'm pretty sure he's dead. Even worse, he broke one of my pencils! I don't know where I'm going to get another dark blue out here. Oh well, I'll just finish this with a regular blue...

SpoilerShow

There! At least I finished my picture, now to-

"Anila-Vakmero! Get down!"

Anila looked up from her journal with a start. Oh, right, the battle was over. She leaped to the ground, gazing around at the ice-coated, frostbitten remnants of the Predators of Raxis.

"Oh hey, you finished them off! Good job, Icey."

"Akroht," the Iceworlder sighed, wondering what sort of horrible mental dysfunction his new companion was afflicted with.

Gelu and his companions, meanwhile, simply stared in shock. They hadn't even used their guns. Akroht's armor had barely been scuffed by nearly a dozen Predators opening fire simultaneously. That sort of firepower could have shredded their less-than-impressive armor in seconds - especially as the rounds were specifically designed for the purpose of killing Frigidus's followers.

"I must humbly thank you, brother Akroht," Gelu began. "We did not think it possible for anyone to so easily take down such a large squad of Predators. You have saved our lives."

"They were nothing," Akroht bellowed. "I expected more from a god of war. Perhaps too much."

"Be warned," the chaplain continued, "that Raxis holds far, far more soldiers than just those few. For now, though... For now, our fallen brothers are avenged."

"Hey, guys!" Anila shouted. The soldiers broke off their conversation to stare at her.

"You know, on the way here I saw this weird archway opening thing in the side of a mountain not very far from here. ...Yeah, it was that one!" She proudly announced, pointing at the nearest cliffside.

More blank stares.

"...And what I'm saying is that we should go there. There could be treasure! Weapons! Magical artifacts!"

"And you think we should risk our lives to explore a cave?" Gelu protested.

"Alright look, there's no danger as long as we've got Icey here with us, and hey, if we don't find anything you can at least hide there."

"This is foolish, Anila-Vakmero. We have nothing to gain by wasting our time on frivolous exploration."

Anila frowned. "You need me, don't you? Listen, Iceman, I've been doing this for years. I can tell there's something good in there, and I'm going whether you're going to follow or not." She began walking away.

The shapeshifter had kept quiet during the battle. Sure, Anila was reckless as hell, but it'd be stupid to distract her in the middle of a battle. She was unusually good at avoiding danger despite throwing herself at it every day. However, it had to interject at some point.

Anila, if you really want them to go with you, shouldn't you at least try to give a good argument for it? The only reason Akroht didn't kill you is because he wants your help to kill the Outsider. At least try to keep that deal, if nothing else.

She paused, then spun around a few seconds later. "Besides, do you really think we could kill the Outsider with the stuff we brought with us? As awesome as my sword and your gun are, I am pretty sure they won't do much against that weird thing that brought us here. If we're going to get anywhere, we've got to examine everything unusual."

"Very well," Akroht begrudgingly responded. "But if you lead us astray, remember that there are six others I could seek the assistance of."

"Don't worry! It's just a cave, right?"

Meanwhile, at the entrance to that very same cave, a machine-bound woman was threatening bodily harm against a vague voice-stealing liquid monster.

Messages In This Thread
RE: QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 3: Deluge] - by Hellfish - 07-07-2017, 11:50 PM
RE: QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 3: Deluge] - by One - 07-11-2017, 11:38 PM
RE: QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 3: Deluge] - by Hellfish - 07-17-2017, 01:21 AM
RE: QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 3: Deluge] - by seedy - 07-19-2017, 10:57 PM
RE: QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 3: Deluge] - by One - 07-21-2017, 03:36 AM
RE: QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 3: Deluge] - by Hellfish - 07-28-2017, 01:40 AM
RE: QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 3: Deluge] - by Schazer - 10-03-2017, 09:03 AM
RE: QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 3: Deluge] - by seedy - 10-03-2017, 11:31 PM
RE: QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 3: Deluge] - by Hellfish - 01-01-2018, 06:10 AM
RE: QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 3: Deluge] - by One - 01-16-2018, 03:35 AM
RE: QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 3: Deluge] - by One - 01-18-2018, 02:22 AM
RE: QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 3: Deluge] - by seedy - 04-05-2018, 07:22 AM
RE: QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 3: Deluge] - by Hellfish - 05-13-2018, 11:48 PM
RE: QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 3: Deluge] - by seedy - 05-30-2018, 01:22 AM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by GBCE - 03-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by Ixcaliber - 03-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by Pick Yer Poison - 03-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by Solaris - 03-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by Elpie - 03-30-2012, 02:15 AM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by Jacquerel - 03-30-2012, 02:27 AM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by MaxieSatan - 03-31-2012, 06:15 PM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by Schazer - 04-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by AgentBlue - 04-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by Dragon Fogel - 04-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by Godbot - 04-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by One - 04-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by GBCE - 04-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by GBCE - 04-07-2012, 05:13 AM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by GBCE - 04-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by Gatr - 04-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by Anomaly - 04-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by GBCE - 04-11-2012, 01:37 AM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by seedy - 04-11-2012, 02:46 AM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Sign-ups] - by GBCE - 04-12-2012, 03:22 AM
Re: QUIETUS [S!5] [Round 1: Godsworn Valley] - by Anomaly - 12-02-2012, 07:07 AM