Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)

Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 4 - Old Salem)
Originally posted on MSPA by Aryogaton.

Aegis woke up in a bed. The last thing he remembered was the Monitor explaining the logistics of the new round, and he was still recovering from the effects of the broken vat. Aegis tilted his head to the side and saw a modest room, adorned with little but the essentials of a bedroom.

He got up and noticed a piece of paper fall from his chest. Taking the obvious course of action, he took it and read.

You are John Willard, constable of the village. Your roles are to bring the accused before the court and to serve as a bodyguard to the judges while in session. Your wife is Goody Buckly.

Jeez, can you get any vagu-?

Additionally, your friend, Aeon Ferrous, has been killed in the battle he was in. He lasted to the final round.

What.

Aegis checked the backside of the note. Don’t I at least get to know how he died?! Ugh. He’s always so careful… Aegis threw the note down, and it promptly vanished. However, he then noticed that his gauntlets seem to have disappeared, despite the fact that he felt like he was wearing them as usual. He approached a nearby mirror to get a better look of this ‘John Willard’.

If he made it to the last round, I wonder who was the other guy. Must’ve been a pretty clever person to outwit him.

Aegis stared into the mirror, and an unfamiliar face stared back. John Willard looked very much like Aegis already, even to the point of being a constable.

I’ve known that guy for… fifteen years now? Can’t really remember anymore. I can’t let him out-do me in this competition though. This is a pretty good disguise… I should make use of it.

A knock interrupted Aegis’ musings, and he followed the sound of it to arrive at the front door. An unfamiliar man in rather loose clothes greeted him.

“Good day, Goodman Willard. I apologize for summoning you at such a time, but a witch has been found, and we would appreciate your help in apprehending it.”

“Um, alright.” Aegis began to exit the house.

“Leaving already! I think you’ve forgotten something!”

Aegis looked behind him and saw a woman holding a rifle. Assuming she was ‘Goody Buckly’, Aegis caught the rifle as she threw it to him.

“Be careful, you know what those witches are capable of.”

With an awkward smile, Aegis left the house. Immediately, he saw a crowd of people at two houses, screams and crashes coming from both. He arbitrarily chose one and ran towards it, rifle in hand.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Intense Struggle! - by GBCE - 12-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! - by Dragon Fogel - 12-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 4 - Old Salem) - by Aryogaton - 08-18-2010, 04:28 PM