Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)

Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 4 - Old Salem)
Originally posted on MSPA by Ixcalibur.

As The Monitor explained their new locale Aph was only barely paying attention to the words of their mysterious host. She was lost in her own thoughts, the portion of herself which she traditionally considered to be her ‘self’ lost amongst the new magic that now flows through her body. It was difficult to focus with so many conflicting thoughts and ideas swimming through her mind, but even so her thoughts were brought to a head as a mirror extended in front of her revealing not her normal form but a teenage girl with long red hair and hazel eyes. She wore a long black dress and a somewhat vacant expression. After a brief explanation from The Monitor Aph crumpled the paper in her hand, discarding it to the floor of the old fashioned building she found herself in. The room was a small and rather plain bedroom, with the only hint as to the inhabitant, a ragged doll idly discarded on the threadbare sheets of the bed. But this was not of interest to nymph who still wrestled with the many conflicting thoughts and emotions playing out in her head. A shout echoed through the small wooden house.
“Madeline!” the voice echoed. The voice was slightly concerned but more irritated; the voice of a woman who had clearly had to put up with this kind of thing before. It was the voice of a mother. After a moment there was a follow-up shout. “Get out here right this second! You will do your chores if I have to come in there and drag you out myself.” Then, after a second or so, the sound of footsteps echoed throughout the house; heading towards her. Aph’s mind lurched across some information she had been given. She’d been given a role to play in this place, and she’d been told that she could not use her powers or else be thought a witch. Lacking the knowledge of someone from Earth as it was in this instance, she did not really understand the full implications of this, but she understood full well that this was not a desirable outcome. Thoughts, borne of the magic she had absorbed, protested angrily in her head. This power had been a gift, the ability to control her abilities in a way that she never had before. It seemed wrong not to utilise it to the best of her ability. Almost like an insult, although an insult to whom she had no idea. Her train of thought was interrupted by a tall red-headed woman wearing a black dress very similar to the one that she had appeared to be wearing in the mirror. She looked very cross.
“Madeline.” her mother said flatly. “The Good Lord did not put you on this Earth to daydream your life away young lady.” She snapped. Sparks flickered momentarily through Aph’s eyes. The thought of restraining herself, acting the part of Madeline, left a sour taste in her mouth. She felt like the whole of her life she had been restraining herself, stopping herself from reaching her true potential. Now the power flowed within her and The Monitor expected her to hold herself back? To be less than she could be? Her mother stood, her arms folded, an angry glare blaring down at ‘Madeline’.
“I’m sorry Mother.” Aph said; her voice suddenly enthused with joy. “I was just thinking of how to best kill you.” Her mother’s face barely changed as it registered the words; her eyebrows raised but that was about it.
“If you think that a sick joke like that will do anything but get you further in trouble then you are very much mistaken.” Her mother said. “If you are not careful I will be having a word with Reverend Greene about you.”
“We wouldn’t want that now would we?” Aph asks and as a grin spreads across her transformed face a blade made from electricity formed itself in her hands. Her mother’s face fell with shock, and for a minute she stared at the disguised nymph in disbelief, before letting loose a scream.
“Witch!” she bellowed. Aph rushed forwards, grabbing her mother’s throat with her free hand. Sparks scattered from her hand scorching at her neck. Her 'mother' gurgled ineffectually, gasping for breath.
“Given the opportunity I’d kill you slow.” Aph said cheerfully, seemingly ignorant of her mother’s pain. “Take my time; get a feel for my powers...” She paused, listening to the sound of people rushing towards the house. “But something tells me I won’t be short of test subjects…” Aph flashed her a fleeting grin as she plunged the electric blade into her mother’s chest and quickly discarded her body into one of the corners of the room; scorched, bloody and dying.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Intense Struggle! - by GBCE - 12-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! - by Dragon Fogel - 12-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 4 - Old Salem) - by Ixcaliber - 08-06-2010, 01:00 AM