Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)

Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 3 - The Wasteland)
Originally posted on MSPA by Ixcalibur.

Aph's newfound irritation at her teammates did not end there; she was finding a whole manner of things to be annoyed about. For example the boiling hot desert sun that scorched her skin and the faint breezes that did little but throw sand up in her face. She marched back from the crest of the sand dune to face D'Neya, whose expression was somewhere between shocked, at the silly pink woman's sudden change in attitude and annoyance at the interruption between her and Aegis.

"What is it?" D'Neya asks irritably.

"I take it you finally decided to drop that innocent act?" Aph sneers at her. "I suppose when you get caught sprouting enormous black tentacles cries of 'please save me from the bad man' are somewhat less effective."

"I have better things to be doing." D'Neya says dismissively, and strides past Aph intending to follow Aegis into the facility.

"And just where do you think you are going you little brat?" Aph snaps, drawing her sword, and turning upon D'Neya. "Ever since the first time I saw you I have hated you, no wait I guess there was like a couple of seconds when we could have been friends but I sure am glad that they passed quickly and uneventfully. The point that I'm trying to make is why don't you just die so I don't put up with you any more?"

--------

Clara and Larus stood watching Aph from afar, their suspicion piqued by her bizarre behaviour. Sister Clara had at first been doubtful but as she watched the nymph she couldn't help but notice that Aph was different. She was not just behaving differently, she was holding herself differently. Her skin was ever so slightly darker...

"See what I mean?" Larus asked conspiratorially. From their vantage point they watched as D'Neya tried to walk away, and as Aph drew her sword, ready to attack her. Larus dissipated, turning to mist and rushing towards Aph, becoming solid and dense just before he shoved into her, sending her sprawling across the sands; her blade flying from her hand, landing point down on the far side of the dune.

---------

"What the hell?" Aph asked from where she lay, Larus loomed over her, a serious look on his face. In the distance Aph could see that Sister Clara had rushed over to comfort D'Neya. This struck her as being just typical.

"You aren't Aph." Larus says, as though the matter was already closed.

"Right." Aph replied sarcastically. "Who am I then? You?"

"What's going on?" D'Neya asks; all sweetness and light again.

"The Monitor has a spy." Larus says. "And here she is."

Messages In This Thread
Re: Intense Struggle! - by GBCE - 12-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! - by Dragon Fogel - 12-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 3 - The Wasteland) - by Ixcaliber - 07-06-2010, 03:36 PM