Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)

Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 2 - The Misty Swamp)
Originally posted on MSPA by Aryogaton.

Aegis trudged through the swamp aimlessly. As he walked, the mist became thicker and thicker, and soon he could only see a few feet in front of him. Throughout this, Aegis felt a peculiar sense of annoyance, as he thought of what has occurred during these last few hours. He thought about the sheer nerve of the Monitor. After all, who had the right to just pluck him from his home and send him into a gladiator-type battle? Sure, he probably would have joined anyway if given the choice, but at least show some respect to the contestants. He thought about Larus, and the sheer lack of dignity he displayed when he stabbed Trickster out of nowhere. Aegis decided that it was up to him to give Larus a piece of his mind. He thought about this goddamn swamp, and if the Monitor had to choose an arena, at least make it not so… soaking wet. Heck, make it a place at least moderately interesting. If he were to host a battle like this, he'd give every contestant rocket launchers or something, just to make things a bit more interesting. All this… it was enough to make a person go absolutely mad.

Aegis stopped. His eyes fell on a fallen log, half-submerged and blocking his path. This was enough to pop a vessel in his mind, now succumbed to the mist's effect. Dammit, I already have enough problems without a goddamn log blocking my way! Aegis took his hammer, swung it over his head, and brought it down on the log with a mad scream. The resulting splash drenched him in putrid water and sent seven-foot-high waves in all directions. Aegis spat out the bitter swamp water and wiped his face.

“WHO ELSE WANTS A PIECE OF ME?!” he yelled at the empty mist, ignoring the fact that he was raging at a decaying log, now pulverized and indistinguishable. Aegis walked a few steps forward, saw a dead tree, and smashed it into a thousand splinters with his hammer. He walked on, now bearing a face of unbridled fury.

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: Intense Struggle! - by GBCE - 12-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! - by Dragon Fogel - 12-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 2 - The Misty Swamp) - by Aryogaton - 03-01-2010, 10:36 PM