Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)

Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 1 - The Abandoned Base)
Originally posted on MSPA by Aryogaton.

Aegis walked through the hallway with a half-full bottle in his hand. Mildly satisfied at the loot, he proceeded to return to the courtyard, where he hoped he did not miss a big fight. Unexpectedly, he was met with a thick fog and a rancid smell as soon as he opened the door. What happened here? He walked blindly forward, hoping to accidentally bump into an ally—or better, an enemy.

It was then that he saw a figure limp towards him. It did not resemble any of the contestants he had already met. But then again, it wasn't like he could tell the difference between silhouettes anyway. Aegis stood in a fairly passive stance, ready for friend and foe alike. What he wasn't ready for was an animated corpse to throw itself on Aegis' body. He panicked slightly, jumped back, and realized what just happened a few seconds later. Uh. I guess I missed more than I thought. He continued to walk the same direction he did before, albeit slightly more alert.

Trickster stood in a defensive position, unsure of what to attack. There was movement in every direction, and he was continuously distracted by the voice in his head. He felt a large hand slam him on the shoulder. Trickster reacted immediately, simultaneously taking a leap forward and turning around, throwing a small fireball at the general direction.

It was brushed off by a metal gauntlet. “Hey, buddy, what did I miss?”

Trickster, recognizing the man, gave a mix between a groan of frustration and a sigh of relief. He relaxed slightly, and then returned to his defensive position.

“Not much.” Trickster muttered, hardly taking the effort to explain anything at all.

Aegis walked forward. “Well all I see is a bunch of zombies and a thick fog that wasn't there before.”

“Listen, I'm just about as confused as you are.”

“Right. Can you even see anything?”

“No. Can you?”

“Nope.” Aegis proceeded to take a large drink from his bottle. Trickster noticed.

“Where did you get that?”

“I raided a mess hall while I was gone. You want some?”

Trickster ignored the offer. “What about food? Did you find any food?”

Aegis chuckled. “Unless you want some decade-old rice or something, I don't think you would want anything that was in there.”

Trickster gave no reply. After watching a few more drinks, he had an idea.

“Give me the bottle.”

“I told you you'd want some. Here you go.”

Trickster took a small handkerchief from his pocket and placed it halfway in the bottle. He lit the other end, and threw the makeshift cocktail into the mist. Aegis looked, mouth open, as the area in front of them exploded in a short blaze that cleared the fog and coughed up dozens of charred corpses.

“Now you can see.” Trickster said contently, as he began to check up on the others, now more visible.

Aegis lagged behind. That was a waste of some good alcohol.

Show Content

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: Intense Struggle! - by GBCE - 12-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! - by Dragon Fogel - 12-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 1 - The Abandoned Base) - by Aryogaton - 02-08-2010, 09:11 PM