Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)

Intense Struggle! (Round 7 - The Database)
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 1 - The Abandoned Base)
Originally posted on MSPA by The Dr..

Trickster sat still during the entire sequence of events that unfolded before him. Aph seemed full of rage at the Clara woman just earlier, but yet they were now happily leaving together. He pondered over what just happened. Had Aph fallen out of love for him, and moved on to Clara now? He thought that's how nymphs worked, but his head was continually throbbing, making it hard to think. He rubbed at his forehead again, before out of the corner of his eye, he saw Sister Clara giving him a warnful look. Was it... was that a threat? He got up and walked slowly out of the other passageway. Maybe it was meant in a different context. Maybe about Aph? She seemed to be going batshit insane back then, trying to kill the woman she claimed to be in love with. Maybe, then, she felt the same at him? He shuddered at the thought of losing a teammate, and gaining an enemy. That's three nails in the coffin, now. He groaned and slumped down against the wall in the corridor. Trickster bit his lip; this wasn't usually how he felt after a battle, even one of this magnitude, so why was his head aching so badly? There was a sinking feeling, a knowledge, that perhaps there was some sort of transformation slowly going on in his head.

"Well hello there, Trickster." A familiar, feminine voice echoed throughout Trickster's head.

Oh, great, just who I need wandering around in my psyche right about now. What the hell do you want? You know I never wanted to hear your whiny little bitch voice around here again, Trickster thought back, in an almost telepathic fashion.

"I've been watching you for the past few hours, and it looks like you're in a pretty bad situation right now. But then again, that's Trickster for you. Always looking for the guy he has the least chance with and trying to eliminate him right away."

Shut up, woman. I ask you again, what do you want?

"Oh, nothing in particular really. But now I see you could use a good amount of help. Maybe I could provide some?"

Oh, really? You really have gotten dumber over the years. I told you to get out ages ago, and now you come back to help me? Pathetic.
At that, Trickster got up and proceeded to walk down the corridor. The pains were beginning to calm, and he could start thinking things out again, when he suddenly felt a spike of pain hit him in the head and he collapsed to the ground, screaming.

"That wasn't a question, you know."

Trickster winced and slowly climbed to his feet again.

Dammit! Why did you ask me in the first place, then, if you weren't taking no for an answer? Christ, if you really want to stay, then fucking stay. You don't have to try and kill me, I would really like to make it past the first round of this bloodbath.

Somehow, the feeling of someone grinning passed through.
"I thought you'd say something like that. You're so predictable, brother."

Please, God, shut up.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Intense Struggle! - by GBCE - 12-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! - by Dragon Fogel - 12-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Re: Intense Struggle! (Round 1 - The Abandoned Base) - by GBCE - 02-07-2010, 11:56 PM