Mini-Grand 5106 [SUDDEN DEATH]

Mini-Grand 5106 [SUDDEN DEATH]
Re: Mini-Grand 5106 [Round 2: The Graben]
Originally posted on MSPA by Protoman.

Wystus and Ransajan came upon a hill overlooking the great village of the Red Spider with their young guide. It was barely a village, more of a great city, complete with stone buildings and a great canopy of gardens. Rasajan's eyes widened a bit.

"My my, what a beautiful city. I never knew ones so violent as the Red Spiders could create such wonders."

The young man grimaced, but bit his tongue. It was not wise to trifle with these two, or at the very least, with one such as the stranger. He would leave their punishment to the Great Spider.

-------

Xuitila had learned the pattern. Dodge, run, grab, throw, dodge. It pained her to see the occasional spear pierce the breast of an old friend, but there was no help for those who had become possessed. She approached the river, the dividing line between the forest of the Green Leaf and the jungle of the Red Spider. One chance, one jump. She breathed, braced herself, and let fly.

-------

The three travelers entered the chamber, a dark room whose walls dimly reflected gold and silver.

"mice or cats mice or cats who comes for the silence?"

Wystus breathed a sigh of relief at the odd speech pattern, glad to finally glad to have an ally.

"A mouse, a wintermouse, old girl. They've made you a goddess, I've heard. A good thing, if we're to fight the foe that stands before us."

The spiderqueen scuttled forward, examining the group with her multiple eyes.

"winter is good are these friends of winter? what news does winter bring?"

The young tribesman bowed to the great Spider Queen in worship almost instinctively . The old man staggered back in fear.

"The sparkklechix. Have you seen them recently?"

"cats are running for them hunting for mice little mice."

The old man sighed. Another army against them, if the witch kept them alive. "Damn! We're too late." Though his allies were extraordinary, he had to wonder if this spider queen and the man with the spectacles would truly be able to stand against hundreds alone.

"No issue. Just a higher body count."

Ransajan opened his mouth in protest, but Morokh beat him to it, barely restraining himself from wringing the strange man's neck.

"Y-you! You would have us slaughter those without their own will?! Women and children who aren't even warriors, just mindless zombies controlled by a she-devil!? That isn't honorable, it isn't dignified, it isn-----"

"Hah. Child. War is not honorable, nor is it something of dignity. Glory has no place on the battlefield. Virtue does not strengthen the steel of a sword, or hasten the arrow. No. War is the art of figuring out how to most efficiently slaughter your enemy by any means necessary. And if you disagree, you'd best step out. Your spear would be only a liability."

The young man opened his mouth but found no words. Losing himself, he threw his spear to the ground and stomped out of the temple.

Ransajan gave a glance at Mattilus, a glance expressing something between fear, worry, and disgust. There was a second of silenced, followed by the elder of the green leaf announcing, "I will comfort him." As he walked out, contemplating the situation, Mattilus turned back to the spider.

"Now then, to update you, the annoying woman we were traveling with has amassed both the powers of some river spirit and an army of mindless tribal soldiers who will die at her whim. How do you suggest we approach this issue?"

--------

Xuitila rushed. Had to hurry. Had to run. Her ankle was hurt by a fall into the river, her jump not being quite far enough, but there was no time. One more hill, then into the city.

As she approached the top of the hill, she saw a familiar face. One familiar enough to make her slide to a halt.

"Morokh, my comrade, what are you doing outside the walls of the city? An army approaches! We must hurry back, we must warn the goddess!"

Morokh stood in silence, his face hardened. He had been sharpening his spear, beginning to examine its new point. From behind a tree, another familiar face came out, a hated face, the face of an enemy.

"We know. And we plan on fighting it. Are you with us?"

Messages In This Thread
Mini-Grand 5106 [SUDDEN DEATH] - by Woffles - 07-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Re: Mini-Grand 5106 [Round 2: The Graben] - by GBCE - 09-14-2011, 03:38 AM
Re: Mini-Grand 5106 [SUDDEN DEATH] - by Ixcaliber - 08-25-2012, 09:15 AM